A few questions

Guest jonathanbull

Hi,

It's my big day this Wednesday so I've got a few last minute questions which hopefully someone will be kind enough to help me out with!

1) Should you be checking both shoulders everytime you pull away from a junction, roundabout or traffic lights? This seems to be the general consensus among the members here and I think most people would agree that there can never me enough checking. However, I was only taught the right shoulder check (for stationary occasions) in my CBT, and the useful videos published by Learn2Ride on YouTube also only advise this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/learn2rideV ... 49qf5cAUrI

What I guess I want to know is, will they definitely be looking for both in the module 2 test?

2) It's obviously a necessity when moving, but when in stand-still traffic, should I always be leaving enough room behind a stationary vehicle so that they can see me? Even if it is a lorry which would probably require a good 10 metres or so?

Thanks in advance guys :D

The way i was taught was that you check both sides when pulling away from a junction or traffic lights. But at roundabouts only a left shoulder check when entering the roundabout and another when exiting - checking the space you are going to be moving into. Whats happening on you right side isnt as important as thats not where you should be going

Oh and question 2, I tend to stay more towards the centre of the road behind lorrys and slightly further back as it gives them chance to see me, not sure what you SHOULD be doing though

The way i was taught was that you check both sides when pulling away from a junction or traffic lights. But at roundabouts only a left shoulder check when entering the roundabout and another when exiting - checking the space you are going to be moving into. Whats happening on you right side isnt as important as thats not where you should be going

Oh and question 2, I tend to stay more towards the centre of the road behind lorrys and slightly further back as it gives them chance to see me, not sure what you SHOULD be doing though

Thank you Stephen, that's a huge help. If anyone else has any input on this it'd also be much appreciated :)

Take a look at this. Its linked to RJH where you can get all the info you will need.

http://www.motorcycle-training-forum.co ... -test.html

hope it helps and good luck for wednesday

Thank you - it certainly does help! Wish I'd have found it sooner.

Can you, or anyone else, help answer another question that arose today? If a car is waiting to turn right into a side road and cannot due to oncoming traffic, is it acceptable in the test to 'undertake' between the kerb and the left hand side of the card? Obviously I'd only do this if there was enough room and visibility to do it safely - but would an examiner frown upon this?

No, as long as you have enough room to pass on the left hand side it would be okay.

Thank you very much. One more question, if I may?

When pulling over at the side of the road (as asked in the test), should I be using my left indicator and keeping it on until I move off again? Should I also be in neutral with both feet down?

Thanks again guys :)

No, as long as you have enough room to pass on the left hand side it would be okay.

Thank you very much. One more question, if I may?

When pulling over at the side of the road (as asked in the test), should I be using my left indicator and keeping it on until I move off again? Should I also be in neutral with both feet down?

Thanks again guys :)

No need now, asked the examiner and he said either way is fine. Oh, and I passed!