best bike? help!

Guest biglad

hi guys...

can any of you reccomend a good chopper/cruiser 125cc ??

and a road legal crosser 125 for my mate?

ive tried to look but i dont have a clue which manufacturers are reliable, value for money or how often they break down etc...

thanks jak

I have no idea about crossers, but I had a Suzuki Marauder 125 and it never let me down. I think a few others on here have them and can testify to their reliability. Alternatievly Suzuki offer a v-twin version, the Intruder which is pretty much the same aside from a few styling cues and of course the engine. Yamaha and Honda offer 125 cruisers but I can't remember what they are called, but they should be equally as good.

I would stay away from cheap chinese bikes though as they tend to be very unreliable.

hth

thanks thats wat i was looking for...

what would you consider a reasonable price for a Suzuki Marauder/intruder?? as i dont know how much they are new, or cheap etc

thanks again.

The Intruder usually always carries a slightly higher price tag than the Marauder, due to it looking more the part with the v-twin I would guess along with higher initial purchase price. Personally i wasn't going to be keeping mine for very long so I went the slightly cheaper route.

The best thing to do to get an idea about prices is keep an eye on sites like autotrader and mcn and you'll get a fairly good idea of the bikes' value.