Passed my theory test - some advice now please

Well that's another bit under my belt.....just got to see whether I can fit anything else in before I go home in a few weeks time.

I have two choices as it goes, 1 is to complete both parts of the practical test on a 125 then just ride something restricted for two years - Pro of that is I know the 125 I'm riding and may find it easier, Con is I would then want to get on a larger bike and have it restricted having never ridden a larger bike before.....

Or I can try to get to grips with a 500cc and do the DAS.....Pro for that is obviously not having any restrictions should I pass and having experience of a bigger bike, Con is having never ridden a larger bike it might take me a while to master possibly??

Any thoughts or advice?

do your DAS and then get a nice 500cc to contiune to learn on, more than the 33bhp, and a good stepping stone,

I came back to biking and jumped on a ER-5 (kawasaki) found it esy to ride, not to heavy and an ideal bike for getting confidence on..

I also managed a run from oxford to The Lake District and back over a Easter Weekend, with luggage.. so very capable,

I sold it as they are bikes used by bike schools, so wanted something bigger, but not until i'd had it a year,

Alternatives include

Hondas CB500/500s (with fairing)

Kawasaki ER-5

Suzuki's GS500

cheers, I was actually looking at a Honda CB500....my step dad thinks a Bandit would be a good option.

I'm hoping that I wont find too much trouble with a 500, but my instructor says they need more throttle control and clutch control and sometimes I am too throttle shy, so maybe I might not manage.

see about doing some DAS training, and how you get on with a 500cc,

the bandit would need more throttle than the 500 due to being a heavier bike,

the 500s are all 2 cylinders, and the bandit a 4, which makes it feel more planted at speed, but heavier for slow speed stuff,

I passed by CBT and walked away thinking that I didnt like riding bikes, luckily I had my DATS booked for the next day, got on a CB500 and loved every second of it

Same here didn't think biking was for me after the cbt, but loving the lessons on the 500.

I'd do the DAS if I was you, then you wont get bored of a smaller bike and have the freedom to get whatever you want.

So today I went out on a 500cc for the first time......wow I loved it!!!! I still have issues with come clutch control but I hope I will sort it. Despite a few issues my instructor took me out on the road and I was AMAZED at how much safer I felt on a bigger bike!!! Didn't get blow about half so much, now I understand why people love it so much!!!

BRING ON THE DAS!!!!!!!

So today I went out on a 500cc for the first time......wow I loved it!!!! I still have issues with come clutch control but I hope I will sort it. Despite a few issues my instructor took me out on the road and I was AMAZED at how much safer I felt on a bigger bike!!! Didn't get blow about half so much, now I understand why people love it so much!!!

BRING ON THE DAS!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, dont worry about the clutch control, it takes a bit of time to get used to as slow speeds

BRING ON THE DAS!!!!!!!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed it, dont worry about the clutch control, it takes a bit of time to get used to as slow speeds

Yeah...think I spoke to soon, I dropped the damn thing twice today!!! luckily when I was stopped but my instructor wasn't happy and ended the lesson with 'If this keeps happening I'm putting you bad on the 125!!' great!!!