bike video camera 65 notes

Guest philgale

That cheap one is probably the Hong Kong knock off...

Yep - it is.

However I'll be using an 8Gb high speed Micro SDHC card with it which seems to be the source of a few people's problems as they're using older slower cards. The resolution and frame rate are higher on the HK Knock off (720 x 480 @ 30fps) than the AEE Original (640 x 480 @ 20fps). The audio bit rate is also higher, which unfortunately means less minutes per memory card, but at less than £30 complete I'm willing to give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Camera arrived on Monday.

Yes, it's the cheapie AEE copy with the plastic shell, buttons not sliders, and tiny LED's. It came with a couple of different mounts, a rubber case, lanyard and mini-cd with some instructions and drivers on all for £18 inc. delivery WITHOUT memory card. I've since seen them around £20 inc. a 2Gb card.

I took the 512Mb card out of my work mobile and attched the camera to the rear view mirror in the car, then went round the block yesterday to test it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi8OgtSlT80

The original file was over 400Mb (and a lot longer than 4 mins). I popped it in to Windows Movie Maker in XP, and did a quick chop, add music and some credits, and export to WMV resulting in a lesser-quality-but-watchable 26Mb file. I then uploaded it to YouTube.

I'm just waiting for a friend to upload the 26Mb file to his web server so you can compare it, as the date/time stamp is still quite sharp on the 26Mb file - not fuzzy like the YouTube upload.

I would not recommend it for DVD/TV watching, but for a bit of fun for YouTube/Mobile viewing you can't go wrong.