EFI AND WARNING LIGHT

uktriggersm50

it isnt oil as there is a light for that and a light for low fuel please as i am collecting the bike today and have hered that the efi mean engine fault indicator and at the throttle posistion indicator is wrong or its missing the powervaloue as it is de restricted

Where to begin...?

First, I can't offer any mechanical advice for this bike.

The advice I have is not to buy a bike that has a big unknown warning light on it unless you are willing and able to either find out what it is and fix it or take it to someone who knows what it is and can fix it. This is very risky as it might be nothing; it might catastrophic.

Finally, taking out the bulb on a warning light is not a recommended fix. :wink:

Good luck.

Did you chip its ECU?

The new RS125 to meet emmissions has to have an ECU with a chip which retards the ignition at 6-7000rpm and means you have to flick up a gear in low revs where the bike only has 15hp again to keep it restricted.

It IS this ECU. They dont cost much, £50 to buy new but its best to buy one with it chipped.

This puts a red warning light on the dash and the EFI goes on the dash though the bike uses a carb. If its chipped there is only one way to get it off. Get a standard full power exhaust or take the CAT out of the existing one. MOTers always ignore this on the RS as they know what happens to them. Get a powervalve and plug that into the ECU and bang you have a 33bhp bike with a power valve to give even power across the revs and a exhaust that gives greater smoothness.

The RAVE (powervalve) does not work when the CAT is in the exhaust. It just causes more problems.

well its had everything done to it fully derestricted with fully derestricted standard exhaust runs ok it has a rave and everything so dno im just gonna leave it until it causes me a problem. i got told by who i brought it off that he cut into the cdi or something to derestrict it thats why the warning light is on. and if i unplugg the cable he said it drops the power alot thats probs how i restrict it but going for test soon as possible