Clothing warranty's???

Right, I bought a load of stuff from Hein Gerich about 3 months ago (maybe 4) and the velcro on both of the cuffs of my jacket has come off now so when im riding the flaps flap about its really quite annoying. My question is if i take it in will they send it off to be re-sewn or just give me a new one? I dont mind it bein repaired but itd be a hassle to not be able to go out on the hog because i dont have a protective jacket. I may seem like im bein a bit weird about the velcro but i paid £190 for it and it doesnt seem right that it has started to fall apart after so short a time!!

Absolutely!! :shock:

Hein Gericke stuff is certainly not cheap! As Colin says, whatever you buy should do the job it's supposed to do.

IMO I would be asking them to replace it - velcro should NOT be coming off after such a short time. As you say, you need the jacket - it's not like people will have a spare.

Stick to your guns too if they try to wriggle out of it. Trading Standards will support you.

Right, I bought a load of stuff from Hein Gerich about 3 months ago (maybe 4) and the velcro on both of the cuffs of my jacket has come off now so when im riding the flaps flap about its really quite annoying. My question is if i take it in will they send it off to be re-sewn or just give me a new one? I dont mind it bein repaired but itd be a hassle to not be able to go out on the hog because i dont have a protective jacket. I may seem like im bein a bit weird about the velcro but i paid £190 for it and it doesnt seem right that it has started to fall apart after so short a time!!

Sale of Goods Act is quite clear on this. Repair. replace or refund. It is YOUR choice which, not theirs. As the retailer they are responsible, not the manufacturer, so they have to deal with it and sort it out to your satisfaction.

There are very few exceptions to this, a notable one being where you have already accepted a repair you can not then reject the goods and demand a refund or replacement.

Sale of Goods Act is quite clear on this. Repair. replace or refund. It is YOUR choice which, not theirs. As the retailer they are responsible, not the manufacturer, so they have to deal with it and sort it out to your satisfaction.

There are very few exceptions to this, a notable one being where you have already accepted a repair you can not then reject the goods and demand a refund or replacement.

Unless you write a disclaimer that the repair is being accepted on condition that it restores the product to as new or better and does not affect your right to a replacement or upgrade should this not be the case. A refund on a product with a 1 year guarantee may be reduced pro rata. ie six months old = one half refund.

Hein Gericke are usually pretty good and back up their own brand products. 8-)

I know all about the sale of goods act an all that i just was'nt sure if protective clothing comes with any sort of warranty, I know most clothes only have like a 1 or 2 month warranty. Ill call em today and see what they say.

Thanks all! :cheers:

Went in on weds and the manager said he'd lend me one of his jackets while he sends mine off to be re-stitched, Went in yesterday and picked up the loaner and gave em my jacket. They said about a week for the repair so all in all i suppose im happy enough with it!

That's good news! :D

But when you get yours back, make sure you have some form of written evidence of when the repairs were done. It may happen again another 3 months down the line and your original receipt will then be 6 months old!

I couldnt find the recipt so i took in a bamk statement with the £500 odd i spent when i got all my stuff and that was enough, I'll be expecting a call of em anyday now to tell me that its back and ready for me to pick up! Happy days

Mad. Good that you're happy with what they said, but get this......

My brother used to work at Marks & Spencer and one day some old couple came in complaining that "these trousers are falling to bits. They've gone all thin on the back and the stitching is coming out...we've still got the receipt". After looking at the receipt my brother couldn't believe the couple wanted a replacement pair of trousers...they'd bought them 6 years ago! He told his manager who just said "give them a replacement, bin the old ones".

Steve is pretty good at HG Chester.

They normally require your receipt before they replace/refund an item - that's HG's ruling.

I was putting some stuff in the pockets of the jacket last night and i found he had left his ticket to the TT races on the inside pocket, I'm well jealous. I wanted to go!!!