in need of a new visor - tinted or iridium??

I have an Arai RX7 Corsair, and have a clearvisor with pinlock insert for everyday or naff weather use. When i got into biking a friend gave me an old multi-cloured iridium visor to use, which i have really liked. Its was already past its best, but after a few too many wipe downs the finish has gone very bad and i'm not happy with the visibility.

I need a new bright weather visor, and although more expensive, would definitely prefer to get a pinlock version as i really benefitted from it.

Whilst 99% of me wants another iridium visor, having had a look at the prices on Ebay (but don't panic, plan to buy it from elsewhere!), the cost has put me off a bit (what with a 2 week old baby now in charge of my wallet...), and so am also considering a v.dark tint visor instead. The vain part of me thinks both tinted and iridium look brilliant, but i am a little concerned about the level of vision through the tinted. I do suffer a lot in bright light when biking or driving, so do genuinely need a good blocker of bright light. Oh, and i only ride a Honda CBF 600, so am never going to look like something from Moto GP whichever one i go for!!)

Any thoughts opinions from users of either? Any suggestions re where to buy from, before i dedicate the night to surfing online (after X Factor of course..) Did i just say that out loud?!?!

Cheers in advance

Dave

I have dark tinted and gold iridium....I prefer the iridium, as it filters the light differently. Best way to put it is things look more green/blue with the dark visor and more yellow with the iridium. Both filter sunlight but my eyes seem to react better to the iridium (meaning I often see stuff but don't register it with a dark visor on, especially as the light fades)

I have a black dark tint for my one lid, and an iridium one for my other lid...

both of them stop me getting blinded. My decision was based on what looked better on the helmet. either way i can't ride with a clear visor during a fairly sunny day now, i hate it

thanks to all for the opinions. Although £20 more than the tinted, i went for another iridium (pinlock), due to a) i really got on with the second hand one until it got too scratched (partly my own fault when cleaning), and b) i live in my iridium Oakley sunnies, so know that type of lens works for me.

I do secretly want to treat myself at the end of the year to a second helmet, which would then enable me to go with the tinted visor as well!

Dave