Spies to Moto GP with Yamaha in 2011

awwwnuts

JT might have been given a life line to remain in Moto GP for next year with today's news.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/151869 ... _2011.html

Also Hayden has re-signed for another year with Ducati. It is also reported in MCN that Pedrosa is in talks with Ducati. This was before Hayden re-signed so it is not known if they still are. If so were does this leave Stoner.....interesting times!

More news and not really unexpected karl Harris has been fired from Hydrex Honda. Shame because I think Karl is one hell of a rider when is mind is in the right place. He just doesn't seem to suit the superbike though. hopefully he will get back on the supersport and kick ass again. Rumour is that Tommy Hill will take his ride for the remainder of the season. Then again Rutter may ...he has been everywhere else this season :roll:

This completely baffles me.... I can't understand for the life of me why Spies would put off moving to MotoGP until 2011. :? It makes no sense.

Fact is that he has fairly dominated WSB in 2009 (he has, something stupid like 8 poles and 10 wins.) Why would you stay in a class you are dominating when you have already stated that your aim is to be in MotoGP?

I know Rossi's contract is up for renewal in 2011 and he has stated that he may not continue if JB quits, but Spies wouldn't be able to move up to the Factory squad because of the new ruling.

I wonder if there is a option in that contract that says if he wins WSB then he will move straight up in a swap with CE?

This completely baffles me.... I can't understand for the life of me why Spies would put off moving to MotoGP until 2011. :? It makes no sense.

Fact is that he has fairly dominated WSB in 2009 (he has, something stupid like 8 poles and 10 wins.) Why would you stay in a class you are dominating when you have already stated that your aim is to be in MotoGP?

I know Rossi's contract is up for renewal in 2011 and he has stated that he may not continue if JB quits, but Spies wouldn't be able to move up to the Factory squad because of the new ruling.

I wonder if there is a option in that contract that says if he wins WSB then he will move straight up in a swap with CE?

I was wondering that myself. You have to belive that he has been offered a really good package to keep him loyal.

It is possible that he will get a full spec Yamaha with more factory support, there is after all no rule regarding that.

I personally think Rossi will try and get the 10 titles, and then call it a day. We all know Rossi likes is numbers and records. If he goes till 2012 that should give him Ago's record and wrap it all up nice. Then he can concentrate on mentoring is little brother who will be of age by then, which according to his brother in a recent interview is his intention.

Don't you wish you were Luca Marini lol.

2 clips of a future world champion. Amazing how is style is so similar to Vale

">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6mNM7Gi ... re=related

Yeah shame Colin never got the chance when he was younger. I think he would have stood a good chance of a title.

Even in the factory teams there are levels of difference. Pedrosa has been running a new Spec bike for the last 2 races, and the reason Lorenzo stayed with Yamaha was he was promised the same package as Vale.

Really if you don't have a factory bike you can only hope for rain :damn:

Thanks for info Awwwnuts.... how do you get it though? I hear the odd piece of news on Eurosport or in the sports papers but you seem really clued in on it. I never knew the Tech 3's were three or four life cycles behind Rossi's and Lorenzo's bikes.

I wonder what the changes are?

I hear the odd piece of news on Eurosport or in the sports papers but you seem really clued in on it. I never knew the Tech 3's were three or four life cycles behind Rossi's and Lorenzo's bikes.

I wonder what the changes are?

Just keep listening to the BBC and they tell you all that info. The difference between each advance can be nano seconds though.

Hey up Evs

If you want to find info join some of the dedicated racing forums. Loads of them about. A good one is

http://motogpboards.com

lol

If thats a good one would hate to see a bad one!! :shock:

Sorry I put up the wrong link It should be http://www.powerslide.net...give us a break I'm working nights at the moment :yawn:

No worries I will be soon so know how that feels!!

will take a look at that site tomoro. I used to get all my info from http://www.motogpnews.boardzero.co.uk but doesnt seem to work now.