Servicing and repairs on an er6n

pinki-88

hi when i get my er6n i want to learn how to do servicing and repairs myself. what advice would you give me?

what tools or special equiptment would i need?

ive checked with haynes and clymer already and they dont seem to have a manual for the bike. is it still possible to get 1?

do you think in crazy lol :lol:

thanks

Nope not crazy ... (well much anyway)

TheWife has an ER6 also (F) and I still cannot find a manual for it.

Most tasks will keep you busy anyhow, tending the chain every 600 miles etc. Cleaning it .... etc

Service intervals I am not sure on (no manual) but oil changes and plug checks and cable adjustments etc can all be done with a reasonable standard tool kit .... As for practicing, on a new bike :shock:

Let the dealer do the important ones. Especially if your bike is a toy as opposed to a tool. IF it is going to be a tool, ie primary transport, then let the dealer do the really hard ones, valve checks and the like. And do the easy ones yourself, oil and airfilter , oil change etc

Dear gurus, need your advice:

i intend to get a 2nd-hand er6n. How can i tell the condition of the bike? Any tips on what to look out for, and how to check the condition of the bike?

Thanks!

Hi Nighthart, pop into newbies and say hi!! Welcome to the forum :thumb: Have a browse arouind the forum, there is all the info you need! Best bet, always, is to take someone (who knows) with you.

• 1 month later...