Two questions! Help!

Guest mimiyzzi

Heya, well, I am planning on booking my CBT but I've only ever been on the back of a mate's bike once and that was a little while back so I am very inexperienced, should I still take my cbt on a 125cc motorbike? I'm 17 so I don't NEED to take it on a 50cc but should I start off small?

Secondly, I am looking at a couple of second hand bikes but I'm not sure if I would be okay riding them, I know I can ride up to 125cc but isn't there a speed restriction also? I have come across a Baotian BT125-4 which has good tyres, very few miles and the previous owner was good to it (there is an issue with the petrol cap but that can be replaced with not an insane cost) but I'm not sure if it would be legal for me to ride it.

Any advice would be very helpful!

Personally, I'd say do the cbt on a 125. Then you can ride a 125 no problem, on L plates. Assuming the said 125 isn't too powerful, but that don't happen very often!!

Pop into newbie section and say Hi m8 :thumb:

yep, seeing as you're old enough go for the 125. It doesn't take long to get used to and the power delivery is very forgiving if you go for a run of the mill 4 stroke, my feeling is you wouldn't gain much from riding a 50cc first. I think the upper power limit is 11kw or just a little below 15bhp :)