bigger front sprocket?

uktriggersm50

i have a 50cc 2 stroke which is partially derestricted upto 45 mph i was wondering if my bike can pull a 14 tooth sprocket it currently has an 11 tooth.

my mates has a 13 tooth with the same derestriction and engine but is telling me just to get a 12.

i am wondering if he just doesnt want me to go faster than him i was wanting a 14tooth but i dont know if i should.

also i have a 6 speed gear box he only has a 5 speed.

please help thanks mike

http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/14 ... -1551.aspx

loose torque, and gain top end, on a 50. doubt its worth it, and how is the speedo driven, front wheel, then your okay, sprocket then your speedos out, and to recalibrate isn't worth it...

front sprocket £6, but to remove one without a rattle gun, PITA, i can't do it on a 180kg 600 bandit, so a featherweight 50's gonna be a right royal...

your mate might have a higher top end, but its more about good lines, reading the road and carrying speed through the corners.. or be able to get back on the power as soon as practical... you may find that your quicker through the tight stuff..

thanks for the replys.

the speedo is front wheel driven.

and i can leave him for dead over 1/4 mile tbh but want that little more top end for dual carriageways plus i think it will increase mpg not sure tho even if only slightly its there.

and i dont want to mess with back sprocket as my brother is getting it next year fully restricted i have 2 exhaust (one restricted and one without the pipe in the inlet manifold i think thats where it is but it aint there now :P ) and it doesnt look like too much hard work changing the front sprocket i will be able swap that quickly too.

also my main consern is scooters claiming 60mph+ not true as i have beaten some doing 43mph they were doing "60" at least with a bigger sprocket i can leave all the scooter boys and put them in there place and tell them to go home and get something resembling a real bike.

please any more sugguestions?

i would like too move to a bigger sprocket but only on the front.

oh and on a website i saw that you can buy a 20 tooth front sprocket and a 20 tooth back sprocket obv i coudnt do that on my ped but is that possible and apart from slow acceloration will it be really fast????

well bascially 12 or 13 will it make a difference which one i pick tbh???

yes, a twelve will give you slightly less top end than a thirteen, but a thirteen will be slightly slower of the blocks than a twelve..

as they say.......The choice is yours...

got an rs 125 full power waitin till i turn 17. cops around here dont mind how fast your ped can go as long as your not too fast and sensibley and dont speed past them or in general. they just hate pit bikes and off road crossers they dont bother with normal bikes so when im 17 ill be riding my rs :) but tbh i only know one person who has a restricted ped and thats because he is still runing it in.