Do you drive a land rover or had a landy

Classickid21

Is ditching a Rangie for ahem.....a.....um..... Cayenne :tumble:

a bad idea I will regret?, I'm really warming to the idea of a fast 4x4.

the used Cayenne Turbos are cheap as chips these days (compared to what they cost brand new)

a mate of mine had one and it was fast, but it's still a big heavy lump, and a little bit ugly too.

Yeah, that's what I've started looking at, the 2008 version with the 4.8 and 500 BHP, from what I've heard they're meant to be pretty decent off road too, it's either going to be one of them or a 2010 facelift RR or RR Sport for my budget, although they would be a diesel.

I've had quick cars before but never anything as useful at the same time as a Cayenne- agreed they are ugly though but I'd not have to look at it from inside it.

I nearly bought a RR sport supercharged. Then worked out how much a trip to see my mum would cost in fuel...

Glad I didn't buy one as they are looking a bit dated inside now.

I've currently got a pre facelift RR Sport diesel and I agree, the interior hasn't aged well, the 2010 facelift has a very reworked and much more modern interior which is a lot better:

http://images.car.bauercdn.com/upload/20297/images/42010rangeroversportdrive.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drz, how bad is the bill for sat nav issues?, surely it can't be worse than the hydraulic suspension strut than needed doing on my SL55, that thing was a complete money pit!!.

Last one i did was about £2400 and then needed coding by porsche who cocked up the sat nav

Porsche hold the patents on the parts used so can't have them repaired

:shock: sod that I will stick with Land Rover, even the three words of dread (Air Suspension Inactive) doesn't bring about bills like that!!.

I nearly bought a RR sport supercharged. Then worked out how much a trip to see my mum would cost in fuel...

I've currently got a pre facelift RR Sport diesel and I agree, the interior hasn't aged well, the 2010 facelift has a very reworked and much more modern interior which is a lot better:

http://images.car.bauercdn.com/upload/20297/images/42010rangeroversportdrive.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Drz, how bad is the bill for sat nav issues?, surely it can't be worse than the hydraulic suspension strut than needed doing on my SL55, that thing was a complete money pit!!.

Omg thats a accesorie to a womens hand bag... Lots of buttons and lots to go

Wrong ;) i like the bare basic retro look less to go wrong

Sure, if you like your right arm being pressed up against the window, no air conditioning when it's hot and no heating when it's cold :wink: .

Sure, if you like your right arm being pressed up against the window, no air conditioning when it's hot and no heating when it's cold :wink: .

its all good you will all just see me junging along at 60 mph with my head out the window like a dog

its all good you will all just see me junging along at 60 mph with my head out the window like a dog

I had a 2.5 NA diesel Defender, I'd be lucky to see 60!!.

shhhh ;) thats with wind and goinh down hill ;) haha when it had the turbo it felt like it took an hour to get to 100mph rattling bolts falling out shell shaking... Got to go out with style... I am glad i havn't drove it ages because the land rover is going to be so slow

shhhh ;) thats with wind and goinh down hill ;) haha when it had the turbo it felt like it took an hour to get to 100mph rattling bolts falling out shell shaking... Got to go out with style... I am glad i havn't drove it ages because the land rover is going to be so slow

It will be, but they're fun in a different way.

I wonder if you could fit a TDV8 in a Defender, that would be pretty epic.

V8 petrol engine was built in it. Tdv6 would be enough

The V8 petrol was the old 3.5/3.9 EFI from the RR Classic/Disco wasn't it?, the 3 litre TDV6 would be great in one, the 2.7 I don't think it would be worth the bother.

I wonder what a 5 litre supercharged would be like :shock:, probably wouldn't be so able though, you'd have to uprate everything you can think of to take it.

V8 petrol engine was built in it. Tdv6 would be enough

The V8 petrol was the old 3.5/3.9 EFI from the RR Classic/Disco wasn't it?, I've heard of a couple of the 5 litre TVR versions of the Rover V8 going in LR products, the 3 litre TDV6 would be great in one, the 2.7 I don't think it would be worth the bother.

I wonder what a 5 litre supercharged would be like :shock:, probably wouldn't be so able though, you'd have to uprate everything you can think of to take it.

I wonder what a 5 litre supercharged would be like.

Bowler wildcat

Doh!, I'd forgotten about the Bowler!, I'd love to have a go in one, sadly I can't afford one, and even if I could I don't think it would be a great daily driver, think my favourite LR product at the moment has to be the new RR Sport SVR, sadly I can't afford one of those either :lol: .

Also Stu, that looks pretty mental.

Got to do the lower arms on mine this week, someone said the patent ones are non adjustable so you can get funny tyre wear?.

Going to go with genuine LR ones they're bloody expensive though :shock: .

The bolts that mount the arms does the adjusting. They will most likely be seized in the bush too. Aftermarket are fine

Got to do the lower arms on mine this week, someone said the patent ones are non adjustable so you can get funny tyre wear?.

Going to go with genuine LR ones they're bloody expensive though :shock: .

The bolts that mount the arms does the adjusting. They will most likely be seized in the bush too. Aftermarket are fine

Ah will have a look for some decent aftermarket Ones :thumb: , I'm hoping they come out ok but that's just wishful thinking isn't it, they're going to need cutting off I bet.