To anyone who is struggling or disillusioned.

I've mentioned my trials and tribulations elsewhere concerning the CBT and all of the subsequent expensive and time-consuming process required to finally ride that big bike.

On Saturday, I finally resolved to insure a VFR I'd purchased as my motivation to get through the test having continued to ride my 125 after passing. Internet's a great thing and it only took a few minutes to insure.

After ensuring that the Mighty Mansfield Town wouldn't be over-turned by Yeading & Hayes, I found the keys, donned the clothes and nervously took the VFR out on to the road.

Magical.

All I can say is it's bloody well worth persisting. It may seem a pain-the-arse process at the moment but that memory from yesterday of nailing the first corner before easing past all those vehicles that normally hold me up will keep me grinning for some while yet.

Stick with the training, the highs and the lows, the frustration, the self-doubt - it's well worth it.

I'll third that!!

Even if it all seems like doom and gloom, things can turn around really quickly. When I failed my mod 1 for the second time on Aug 27th I was about ready to pack it all in - it felt like I'd put in all the hard work and still had nothing to show for it :(

Two weeks later I rode away from the test centre with my full licence and a grin a mile wide - and then went straight out that weekend and bought my Fazer :cheers: