module 1 Failed

Well i failed my module 1 exam about 30 minutes ago. I should be upset but im actually really happy.... I managed to complete every skill successfully and the one thing i failed on was emergency stop where I applied a tad to much rear brake and locked it up. But I managed to do all the other tests on my Yamaha R125 which is what I was worried about expecially with its turning abilities but found that the cones were actually quite generously spaced apart and had no problems turning. Even the examiner said it was very unfortunate and that I should get booked in as soon as possible and on the Controlled stop as they now call it, just dont use any back brake and bring it to a nice steady stop.

So for me this is good news as fingers crossed another £10 and I will have done the first module on my own with no instructor which has saved me a good few hundred quid...

Hard luck Gilly and hope all goes well next time around. I never touched my back brake on the emergency stop nor did I use the clutch, just let it stall, seemed to work ok for me as I passed. 8-)

I knew as soon as I did it what my mistake was. Im just surprised I can do it on the R125 thought I was going to have to book and instructor with a naked 125 but now I can do it on my lonesome I feel a lot better.

It is a downer that I was so close to it but looking at the positives.

All the best riders fail mod 1 at least once :D[/quot

Does that make me n Josh a pair of 'natural geniussssesss' on 2 wheels??? :mrgreen:

This is correct, the more we failed the mod 1, the more genius we became.

Sounds about right to me kiddo :stupid:

All the best riders fail mod 1 at least once :D

Does that make me n Josh a pair of 'natural geniussssesss' on 2 wheels??? :mrgreen:

This is correct, the more we failed the mod 1, the more genius we became.

Up to a point I'd agree... :D

I guess I'm out of the club then!

Unlucky man, that's as close as you can come to passing without actually passing. I'm sure you will be fine next time.

I personally did use the back brake. Touch the front, steady with a touch of back and then slowly pull the front to a controlled stop. Just as the front is about to stop turning at all, yank the clutch in. It's pretty simple with a couple of practice runs.

That's how I did it anyway. Worked for me first time (sadly).