This thursday/friday if weather permits..

Hey guys, just off to MOT my bike, am going to be out on thursday/friday (15th/16th) if weather permits it as it will be last ride of the year.. (tax runs out this month)

Anyone wanting to go somewhere, im all ears! :thumb:

I'm off down to London on Friday but might be able to go along with you somewhere on Thursday. What's the idea - somewhere far (Aberystwyth) or somewhere...not far?!

By the way I'm not a knee down rider and don't take the piss with speed so if you like nailing it everywhere I'm not the best person to go with! Don't get me wrong, I can keep up, I just enjoy a more "sensible" pace ;)

LOL! :shock:

Im not a speedy sort of rider either really.. and im really not fussed where we go! Wales sounds like a plan.. If you can figure a route and times etc, il defo be there!! (Weather permitting) .. not been hardly any places in wales, so would be nice to explore! :thumb:

I think the route I took was the one that Google Maps gives if you just type Redditch to Aberystwyth...sort of! I did try to follow the route but in the end just went "left" and got there in the end. It's the best way and was a full on ride 8-)

If anyone else is up for this then speak up. A good meeting point for everyone could be Bromsgrove College car park (type Slideslow Dr, Bromsgrove, B61 into Google to find it) as it's just off the M42 and is easy to get to and puts us pretty much straight onto country roads. The only thing is it's not the best place to meet for a wee and a quick bite to eat so we can stop a bit further down the road for all that. I'm thinking of anyone coming from east of Bromsgrove or the likes of Worcester way. If anyone wants to meet up on the way to Wales mention it on this thread and we'll arrange stopping points to meet up.

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan! :cheers:

I'l have to get a map drawn up of gettin to this colege, but shouldnt be too hard to find!

Weathers not looking fantastic atm, showing light showers around my area, not sure about elsewhere, but hopefully it holds off!!

Come on guys, get on the bandwagon and join us for a spin! :twisted:

Depressing update:

My dodgy exhaust fix from the other week has bollocksed itself :( I've booked the bike in (annoyingly a job I can't do at home) to be welded up. I tried to get it in today or tomorrow but the earliest matey boy could get me in was 1pm on Thursday!

Sorry Ricky. Can't you hold off putting it away for another week? lol! I'm still going to nip across to Aber next week I think (again weather permitting). Will give other folks a chance to join in as well perhaps...

I'd love to join in a run to Aber... worked and lived there for eight years and know the roads well... problem is I'm snowed under at work this week... but may see what I can juggle.

Well thats no problem! :mrgreen:

I'l have a look what shifts im doing next week, as i can ride till end of month (tax runs out then), so hopefuly we can get a funrun going! :thumb:

If anyone else is out and about this thurs/fri, gimme a shout, im still gna be tearing the roads around this area for now! :twisted:

Thursday's looking OK for me mate. I've a job interview tomorrow at 3pm, may be off to Alnwick on Friday via Lincoln (if my mate ever gets back to me!). But yes Thursday's looking good...well, the weather looks a bit iffy mind...

I'd love to come with you guys. It would be the longest trip I'd have done since I got the new bike. Sadly I am working Mon-Fri for the foreseeable future without a day off. If you guys fancy a 2-4 hour ride one Saturday then let me know for sure. Just be gentle, I'm new ;)