im legally allowed to ride?

thankyou :)

now i know for a 16 year old on a CBT its 50cc

and for 17+ on a CBT you can have up to a 125cc

im 18, currently looking for a 125cc geared bike but whats the max BHP

im legally allowed to ride?

thankyou :)

This...

A learner motorcycle has an engine up to 125 cc and a power output not exceeding 11 kW

...is from http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/DG_4022568

11kW is 14.75bhp http://locost7.info/converter.php

ME! :booty:

I work for a car company, and the industry standard is often in kW, but consumers dont understand it so we dont publish it in that way, bhp is useless anyway without torque, and people dont understand torque (frankly, i don't entirely understand the difference mathematically, but that means I understand the complexity of it, as my physics teacher used to say)

ME! :booty:

I work for a car company, and the industry standard is often in kW, but consumers dont understand it so we dont publish it in that way

car manufacturers dont publish it as they seem to have more sense, now call me sad, but my gripe is we have a public information website, maintained by the government, which is supposed to give clear information (in this instance) on limitations to engine power to tom, dick, and harry.

Now since tom, dick, and harry have been using the imperial version of engine power since the internal combustion engine was invented, and know nothing at all about the metric system, there could be some confusion arising from this.

yes, i know its EU law number 1,627,616 part Y to put it in metric, but i thought i had a licence to produce electricity not ride a bike when i did my A2.

I could go on, but most will only read up to this point :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes, i know its EU law number 1,627,616 part Y to put it in metric, but i thought i had a licence to produce electricity not ride a bike when i did my A2.

I could go on, but most will only read up to this point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the civilised world use SI measurements.

Its regrettable that EU bashing has become such a futile exercise that you have to hijack threads in a motorbike forum to get your weak point across. Maybe you should bear in mind that the DSA website is there for everyone's benefit, not just UKIP supporters :)

Oh, and since you're so keen to avoid SI units, surely you should measure your electricity in mega-joules and not kilowatts? :P

Maybe you should bear in mind that the DSA website is there for everyone's benefit, not just UKIP supporters :)

you had to use a 3rd party convertor to put it in a understandable measurement ;) :P

websites there for everyone, not just for EU bureaucrats :D

but why doesnt the website have that? :wink:

For the same reason they don't quote test fees in pre-decimal sterling (£sd), or dates using the Julian calendar. It's use has been superseded :P