Which Paint

GARYJL

Wouldn't use hammerite personally as it aint as good as they make out and reacts with all kind of other paint. if you strip the yoke down to its base be it steel or alloy use an acid etch primer and then get yourself down to your nearest wilkinsons and get there enamel paint they do it in gloss or satin black and its quality and cheap .

chrome handlebars won't readily take paint and will look sh*t, the yolk can be painted or polished..

either get replacement bars or polish with autosol, kitchen foil will remove any rust.

if its the painted part of clip ons then the below will apply..

with the yolks, if your going to take them out to be Powder coated, then i'd inspect the head bearings, you could spray (rattle can) and bake, but id remove the bearings first.. baking gives a harder finish.

but check with the missus, i don't think she'd be happy with eau de Paint with her sunday dinner..

i live on my own, :oops: maybe theres a reason for that... :mrgreen: