Dead Indicator

Edgey

Hey again all,

I would like advice about my indicator. All indicators work fine on my bike apart from the front right indicator.

How would I go about diagnosing the problem a little better? At current I can only assume it is a dead bulb as all others work fine. Is there any way to check if this is the case myself without buying a new indicator?

Should I check for anything else aswell as a dead bulb?

Thanks for any help! People on here tend to be very helpful and quick to reply, I have already learn't loads about biking and I'm yet to even take my CBT (which is booked for this Saturday with my mate 'Cobbz', can't wait to get riding!)

yes, buy a new bulb, take the lense off and replace then test, job done..

the lense will be held on by a screw(maybe 2) either from the back or front, have a look and you'll figure it out..

Just had a bit of a gander, I like the idea of replacing the bulb and see if it works, however, having an 09 bike its not as simple as removing some screws. The bike is a Megelli 125 S.

The indicator itself is a whole fitting, the bulbs cannot be directly accessed by removing a bit of casing, the indicator can be pulled off the stem which attatches it to the bike with the wires running through the stem and into the indicator. Leaving me with the only way to check another bulb is to remove the wires somehow and buy a whole new indicator from Megelli or something, then re-attatch the wires which probably requires skills I do not posess with soldering and all that.

There might be a way to remove the front clear bit of casing but I don't want to completely destroy the indicator case.

In addition it is not simply one bulb, it is several LED bulbs in a circuit which could possibly be a series circuit, meaning if one of those little bulbs go, the whole thing packs in.

Any ideas?

Seems I'm going to have to get in contact with my nearest Megelli dealer or something unless it is possible to buy a new indicator from Megelli and get a mechanic to fix it.

Thanks for the ideas so far though!

:? RU Twins? 8-)

Nope, he is my best mate lol.

It is still under warrenty but as said, nearest dealer is 45 miles away, a bit hard to get to :cry:

The terms of warrenty state the service manual has been stamped by an authorised megelli dealer, first one is after 3 months which has not been stamped, the bike is 6 months old, wether they would care about this or not I don't know. The warrenty lasts 24 months for main parts but for consumables such as bulbs warrenty is 12 months.

The terms of warrenty state the service manual has been stamped by an authorised megelli dealer, first one is after 3 months which has not been stamped, the bike is 6 months old, wether they would care about this or not I don't know. The warrenty lasts 24 months for main parts but for consumables such as bulbs warrenty is 12 months.

So do as I suggested and swap the indicators from left and right. That way you narrow down the faulty area.

Yes I will have a bash at doing that tonight bogof, thanks.

I contacted Megelli and they say that if it is the LED's which are bust i'm going to need a whole new indicator supplied through their dealer, so I should be able to get it posted to me which will probably cost less than making my way down there to get it fixed on warrenty anyway.

Thanks for the help people, I will post later tonight when I have tested a working indicator.

So I had a better look at the whole thing and to switch the indicators around it would require some very tedious soldering, something I dont have the equipment or skills to do. Looks like my only real option is to get a new indicator from Megelli and get a mechanic to fix it on who has the skills and equipment to do so.