Gave in and bought an alarm.

I wasn't going to bother but for £30 quid I can't complain. The guy living 2 doors away from my new partner had his bike stolen a few days back. They came into his back yard at night, cut the chain and carried the bike away, disklock and all. Am a bit paranoid about taking the bike now when I visit her so I decided to get an alarm. I park the bike in back garden right under bedroom window, which is never fully closed. At least I'll be able to hear if anyone touches it and dash downstairs armed and ready, they'd have to carry it right past the front door to get out of garden and might accidentally walk face first into a large piece of wood that would happen to be protruding from said doorway :lol:

Good on ya!

An alarm is one of the things on my list. That and an Almax III or Almax IV chain. At the moment I'm OK because it's in a brick built garage, the only pheasible access is up the driveway...which has 3 cars on it every night. But I'd like the monster chain and preferably a Meta alarm as well, mainly for when I'm away.

What alarm did you go for?

The Cyclone V2 from motorbikealarm.co.uk At the end of the day there's nowhere really to fit it on the YBR where it isn't that accessible so anyone intent on silencing it will do. As long as it makes a noise to wake me up, even for just a few seconds, I'll be happy.

On top of that, you could try attaching the chain to wall and keeping it off the floor altogether. That way they cant hammer it but cut it, making life generally more difficult.

I may invest in an alarm at some point, but of corse i have a list of other things i want first :lol:

The Cyclone V2 from motorbikealarm.co.uk At the end of the day there's nowhere really to fit it on the YBR where it isn't that accessible so anyone intent on silencing it will do. As long as it makes a noise to wake me up, even for just a few seconds, I'll be happy.

wiring under the seat, alarm under the tank..

On top of that, you could try attaching the chain to wall and keeping it off the floor altogether. That way they cant hammer it but cut it, making life generally more difficult.

I may invest in an alarm at some point, but of corse i have a list of other things i want first :lol:

It's always chained to something, usually the wall or metal railings. Hopefully the alarm will wake me and I can accidentally whack them with a big stick before they finish cutting the chain lol