Where can i buy big leather pants?

Guest CobbZ

I edited my previous jacket thread to save making a new one and clogging up the forums! So anyway, i had no trouble finding a big jacket. But i am having trouble finding some big leather pants!

I'm looking to get 46" or maybe even 48" waist pants, i want to be comfortable. My current jeans are 40" waist but they are putting strain on the button. I'd like something lose :)

But i can't find anything on eBay. Looking for black or black/red leather pants with padding (knee armour at the least, would hopefully have shin protection too). Does anyone know any websites that i can check out?

//

Well, i say buy, which to ask for! I'm only 18 so i'm still at the stage where my parents buy me a present for my birthday.

As i've only just started riding, and mums will always worry, i get regular calls from my mother to check i'm still alive after riding! ahaha.

For the last few years i've always said "nothing really" when i've been asked what i want This year, i figure i need to gear! I'm currently riding in a big leather jacket (non-motorcycle related), jeans (and under them, jogging bottoms). I've got a good helmet and good gloves, so thats fine.

My dad said he'd buy me £30's worth of gear, so i'm gonna get some under-gloves, or heated grips or something like that.

I figure i'd ask my mum to get me a jacket. (shes the rich parent, post-divorce ;/)

So, there you have the background story! hah.

So i've been looking on the 'Bay for what jackets are on offer. I'm gonna get one bigger than i need to allow for layers e.t.c., I'm a XXL, so i'll get a 3XL or even a 4XL. But i think i'm right in saying that going for such a large size limits my choice. Also, i'm quite tall (6ft 1) so i'd like quite a long jacket. Looking to spend £100-ish.

Here are the ones i found and liked;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oxford-Bone-Dry-H ... 20ada73075

The sizes on eBay are numbers? I clicked 52 (being the biggest number). Is that chest size or waist size?! I don't know lol.

Thanks for any help :)

Edited by Anonymous

get one that fits over a t-shirt, as its probably all your likely to wear in summer, in winter, add a fleece or hoody over the jacket and a rain/splash jacket to keep the rain off. that way you are protected in all weathers, and if you come off in winter, you'll hopefully save the more expensive jacket..

also wearing a fleece/hoody, means you can chuck it in the machine to clean, instead of having a jacket that resembles flypaper...

we do fleeces and hoodies on here, see the site shop/clothing links (bottom of the site...) unscrupulous plug..

Ahh, thanks for that idea :D

I do wear waterproofs over the top...

Sorry, another quick questions. Should i get a balaclava such as this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KNOX-COLD-KILLERS ... 53ddf71050

Or a neck warmer, such as this;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KNOX-COLD-KILLERS ... 2ea83fe72c

My current helmet fits over my hoodys' hood, size size shouldn't be an issue. I'd prefer the full hood, but i wouldn't want it to interfere with my sight (mainly whilst doing lifesavers).

Ahh, thanks for that idea :D I do wear waterproofs over the top...

My current helmet fits over my hoodys' hood, size size shouldn't be an issue.

then your current helmet needs changing as its a poor fit and will add to injuries in the event of an accident.

I ride with a neck tube, prefer it to a balaclava...

Ahh, thanks for that idea :D I do wear waterproofs over the top...

My current helmet fits over my hoodys' hood, size size shouldn't be an issue.

then your current helmet needs changing as its a poor fit and will add to injuries in the event of an accident.

I ride with a neck tube, prefer it to a balaclava...

EEEK! :stupid:

Unless its a VERY thin hoody!

it is quite a thin hoody, and it does feel a bit tight around the head.

I need a new helmet full stop really, this one is second hand :shock: But, its all i could afford (as it was free with the bike! hah!).

it is quite a thin hoody, and it does feel a bit tight around the head.

I need a new helmet full stop really, this one is second hand :shock: But, its all i could afford (as it was free with the bike! hah!).

I would ask Mummy for a helmet then... nip down the shops with her and a try some on, the shops should be able to advise you best, a free helmet has no history, so i wouldn't take the chance...

you could always scour the ads for a jacket, 2nd hand if needs be, when i decided to get back to biking all my gear was ebay specials, except the lid, needless to say, all has been replaced as i have had the money,

Well, so far a bike cover (oxford) and a balaclava (cold killers) are on their way to me :P I bought my chain (oxford)...

I've found these two jackets!

Any help? My personal favourite is the RK sports jacket. Any opinions of them? Heard of RK before? I'm gonna go look at reviews now. Looks to be quite pricey compared to the others, so i hope for good quality.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RK-SPORTS-ARMOURE ... 5882332735

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mens-Genuine-Leat ... 4149cc8d86

Looks like I came too late to the party on this one! I was going to say don't buy the Oxford Bone Dry for the reasons Dixie mentioned (I've also heard about them being as waterproof as a sieve from someone else as well so steer clear!)...but you didn't get it, so good.

I was also going to say don't buy leather if you're planning on riding in the rain. Leather can never be fully waterproof...ever. But you've bought a leather jacket now :lol: however you did mention you wear waterproofs over the top so that shouldn't be a problem.

As for the balaclava I'm with Frankie and don't wear one (mainly because I don't want to look like a separatist militant when I take my helmet off...though it would look cool with my aviators on). I tend to wear a thin neck tube for general riding. If it's really cold I wear a thin neck tube pulled up over my nose and a thicker fleece neck tube around my neck...If it's really REALLY damn cold I wear the two neck tubes and a thin beanie hat that I wear when I go running.

The only thing you need to make sure is that if the weather's bad enough to warrant the thick fleece neck tube then it's probably bad enough to be wearing a thick jumper as well...in which case you need to check that your jacket will still zip all the way up without throttling you!