Mod 1, here I come!

Guest CobbZ

I passed my theory today :) will be booking mod 1 when I get home from work! What was a bit daunting was, the guy at the theory place told me to be careful, I asked why...

Turns out the reason he uses a walking stick, he used to be a police rider, got knocked off and barely survived :/

but f**k living in fear, I wanna ride : D

so back on topic;

what should I do to practice for mod1? I've mastered emergency stops, in the rain too. Figure 8 and slalom is fine, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Lol, will my bike fit the requirement? I can't remember how fast u have to go.

Does anyone have the link handy for that video that outlines the bike tests? The one with the old woman on a scoot.

Cheers in advance!

Go on the DSA website and check all the requirement.

Best things to practice are:

U turn

Swerve at 31mph (around man hole covers :lol:)

Slow ride

Fig. 8 or at least going around in a tight-ish circle.

What you pratice may not be exact, but it will sure give you the required control of the bike to do what you want. :)

Goodluck!

Well, they wouldn't let me do my mod1 this morning. When I'm back on the computer I'll tell the whole story, but needless to say I'm devastatingly pissed off.

EDIT: Story;

Well, after a long wet ride, i arrived at Atherton. It took me around 50 minutes to get there, and unfortunately i was 5 minutes late.

So anyway, i walk in, the examiner was no where to be found, but he arrived about 5 minutes later, and said that the test could not be done because the car park was wet. I replied with, well i've just rode for nearly an hour in the wet! I didnt say this, but i did my CBT in weather worse than this, i've only had this bike a week and its rained every day... I can ride on the wet lol.

So i said 'well, could i not have been informed of this? I've taken the morning off work, and rode an hour in the wet! He said, well why didn't you call? It says on your confirmation that you are to ring if the weather is bad. I said, well actually it says to ring if there is snow, ice, or heavy wind. A bit of rain doesn't warrant this!

Nevertheless, i didn't do the test. Extremely pissed off... This means another morning off work, meaning even less money next week. Also, i don't think i should have to be the one to ring up and check? Being charged a premium wait to listen to a computer spell out the options for me, and then being put on hold doesnt seem fair. Also, i was still willing to do the test!

I wasn't far from pleading with the guy to just let me do it, i said i'd take full responsibility is anything happened, but he just wasnt having it.

I hate scousers :P

Arse :evil:

Maybe its just worth waiting til after xmas then ?? :?

Although i know i wouldn't / didnt :lol:

EDIT: I also rode for about an hour (more on first test, about 1 hour 30) and did the mod 1 in the wet, he let me do it :? Although i failed first time.... was dry the second time.

well, i think i'd be fine! I mean, i've felt the back slide out a little a few times, but i've always been in control of it... For some reason my instinct is very good whilst in control of vehicles :/

I just think its silly. Well, i've already paid the £15.50, so i'll just keep trying until they let me do it lol. I just wish they had a test centre closer to my house! It'd be ok if i could use the motorways :evil: lol.

Oh and chris, if you don't mind me asking, how much is your insurance on that SV650?

Sometimes its not the back sliding but just little feedback? I get it on the SV and got it on the YBR in the wet sometimes, told it was just little feeback making it feel like its sliding? Meh...

And its £456 or something about that for TPF&F..... they then phoned me up later and i mentioned that i had an Alpha dot (i didnt realise when i took out the policy)....

then then phoned me a few days later and left a message saying my premium has gone up or something :? :? :? ... i still need to phone them back :lol:

/rant

:mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the rain,thought test was done on a surface designed for all weathers.

Being a "scouser " myself I don't really know how hating someone is relevent though, case of dummy out the pram maybe .