spyball alarm

jman1978

It may do. I don't know much if anything about Spyball alarms but if it's anything like my old Datatool one it'll have a backup battery for when the main battery goes dead.

You could buy a battery optimiser (which you should have anyway ;) ) and fit that to top your battery up. If the battery's totally, totally dead it will never hold a decent charge again, but the optimiser will go a long way to making things better for you.

Good optimisers are the Optimate series (mine's an Optimate 3 but there's now an Optimiate 4) and the Oxford Oximiser. To get battery health back up again you could connect the optimiser overnight with crocodile clips (supplied) then in the morning fit the connectors to the battery so you can just plug it in with ease at the end of every ride.

go and get yourself a mains extension cable... fiver!

would need to bit a bit long, 2nd floor flat & bike park a few hundred meters from building :S

If you do need to set the thing off try covering it with a couple of folded tea towels first to deaden the noise. Otherwise you'll brick yourself (speaking from experience :D)!

oh i know, have done that by accident a few times, usually at about 6 in the morning.

Nice one :thumb:

I didn't think the service mode would work with the bike's battery flat - someone I know had their battery die and the alarm just would not respond until the main battery had been topped up again. After that it was fine!

Glad you've got it all sussed now.

Start it up and let it run for a bit each week. It'll top the battery and dry the exhaust. 8-)

and cause condensation in the engine which forms lots of water in the oil not good :?

it actaully takes about 15 mins of running at around 4000rpm to top a battery back up to its normal state of charge before you started it :?

So "a bit" would be 15 mins then 8-)

but then you have the same charge as before you started it :?

also have the problem of not burning off all that water vapour in the engine :wink:

STU STU STU STU

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!

sorry im bored :oops:

Seriously though, if you can turn the lights off then surely letting it run would charge the battery? no? ..unless of course you cant turn them off..

Seriously though, if you can turn the lights off then surely letting it run would charge the battery? no? ..unless of course you cant turn them off..

yes it would but like i say to get it to the charge it was at before starting the bike it would have to run for around 15 mins then the battery will start to get topped up

plus you have the problem of not getting the engined warmed up properly and causing condensation in the engine which will mix with the oil and can do more harm then good

best thing to do is leave it charge the battery either on an optimate or in this case turn the alarm in to sleep mode and remove battery and keep topping up but i wouldnt recommend this as it can kill a good battery :?