pinlock for caberg trip?

Pinlock DIY kits are available. You will need to drill your visor etc. to take the pins, failing that I have had sucess with fog city hyperoptiks.

I seem to be the only person here who's had success though lol. Pinlocks are better for sure. Should be able to buy them in a decent bike shop matey :thumb:

thanks Dan, must admit I don't even know what a pinlock :oops: but they seem to help people who have bought them. Thought it'd be better than the open visor option that I'm going for atm. Will let ya know if I can get one.

Thanks again Dixie

Essentially it is a clear visor insert, but it sits on a bead of rubbery plastic. Eccentric pins either side produce pressure on the insert, pressing it against the visor to create an airtight seal. Thus you have your very own double glazing!! Needs to be fitted properly though, any gaps will result in steaming inside.... and tinted ones are available too. Great in summer!!

They are fantastic little things and I'd be honestly prepared to pay out the price of a brand new visor for these inserts. Fortunately they are only £17. :lol:

For dixie and Cobbz debating about it, I can't recommend them enough. I nearly sold one to my boss, once. Whenever I was slowing down or coming up to junctions (even more so now it's cold) the visor just fills full of mist, but with the pinlock in I can leave it down in every situation with perfect vision. Absolutely cracking and handy as hell, protects you more on these cold days.

Another selling point is you can get the different tints like Dan said which means you can get a dark tint while still being best friends with the police officers. As soon as it gets dark you can just whip out the pinlock and you have a clear visor, or swap it with a clear pinlock again and have a clear-mist-free visor. :lol: