warning about keys

simon93

My ignition barrel had been getting really stiff to turn, and getting the key in was a nightmare recently, so i stopped at a bike shop on my way to meet a girl (with whom, my chances are now ruined cos she thinks i stood her up with a "lame" excuse! :( ) When i got there, i told the bloke about the problem, and he had a go at wriggling the key about and said maybe its bent. so uh, well i tried straightening it, and it snapped, the key snapped in my hand! the key!! i couldnt, and still cant believe it!

the engineers took a look round my bike while i was waiting for a lift home, and spotted tonnes of problems with it. so now, 1 snapped key is going to cost about £200+. BUGGER! :(

the moral of the story is, KEYp it lubed, or the chances with the girl are significantly reduced!! :D

£200 your being had, a locksmith can have the key out and a new one for half that, or you can get a lockset of ebay..

unless the bike is new (less than 5 years old) i'd seek a second opinion..

£200 your being had, a locksmith can have the key out and a new one for half that, or you can get a lockset of ebay..

Isn't it £200 cos...

the engineers took a look round my bike while i was waiting for a lift home, and spotted tonnes of problems with it. so now, 1 snapped key is going to cost about £200+. BUGGER! :(

...and not just for the key problem? Or did I read that wrong?

Isn't it £200 cos...

...and not just for the key problem? Or did I read that wrong?

im think your right there Bogof lol.

Thats a pain in the backside! just before xmas too, i know how you feel with my bike costing a bit :( no xmas pressie for much people,. but my bike is done ;)

Josh

Thats about right. Its an 08 reg. and the problems are, starter motor, rear tyre, drive system, ignition barrel, indicator lens, rear light fittings, secondary air filter cover, and actually, i think thats about it. lol :roll:

all that plus labour is £200+. and about a week in the shop. yeah, i found a decent shop! hehe :D

one good things happend though, shes called me up (while at a party, so maybe drunk) and told me she loves me. if you want to use your mechanical expertise for the better, to help a biker, then tell me why women are so damn frustrating and confusing!! :?: :crybaby:

Thats about right. Its an 08 reg. and the problems are, starter motor, rear tyre, drive system, ignition barrel, indicator lens, rear light fittings, secondary air filter cover, and actually, i think thats about it. lol :roll:

all that plus labour is £200+. and about a week in the shop. yeah, i found a decent shop! hehe :D

one good things happend though, shes called me up (while at a party, so maybe drunk) and told me she loves me. if you want to use your mechanical expertise for the better, to help a biker, then tell me why women are so damn frustrating and confusing!! :?: :crybaby:

08 Reg how long was the warranty...?

I had that trouble with mine some wd40 did the trick!

Mines getting a little stickey/ tough aswell...

im going to put some wd40 in mine! Ta :)

:bang: :bang: no no no no no no :bang: :bang:

WD40 is ok for a temp fix but it chases grease and oil out

get a light machine oil and put a few drops in :mrgreen:

I had that trouble with mine some wd40 did the trick!

Mines getting a little stickey/ tough aswell...

im going to put some wd40 in mine! Ta :)

:bang: :bang: no no no no no no :bang: :bang:

WD40 is ok for a temp fix but it chases grease and oil out

get a light machine oil and put a few drops in :mrgreen:

dont worry, dan has already informed me :mrgreen: :lol: