Mince pies at Matlock Sunday 13th Dec

TC

Guys, I'm with VIcki on this one as there may be some stuff already being organised for Cossie which we can jump in on (he was a member of a couple of clubs who may be doing something). I thought of this yesterday and it might be cool to do a joint one with the UK Cossie OC and the Ducati club.

We will keep our ears to the ground and let you know if anything is in the offing as soon as we know, however I suspect it will be a while to allow Caroline and the wider family to come to terms with their loss first.

Mark, would it be possible for you to give me addys of the clubs he was a member of so I can join there and make myself known to the admin there? Cheers bud :)

Next mince pie run i'll be there.. i just didnt want to hold fozzie back or be a weight on his back all day (litterally and metaphorically :lol: )

Next time! :thumb:

Hes fine and dandy thankyou :lol:

With his bike now fully fixed, working and a brand new fairing kit on the way! Ohhhh right..

It will look like this in 2 weeks...

http://www.dundeemotorcycles.co.uk/img/used-bikes/original/murrays_1254352676.jpg

With his bike now fully fixed, working and a brand new fairing kit on the way! Ohhhh right..

http://www.dundeemotorcycles.co.uk/img/used-bikes/original/murrays_1254352676.jpg

record time :salute: mine took 5 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, who is who, can someone do a L-R thing please........

http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/download/file.php?id=4519

Feel free to fill in gaps peeps:

Left to right Paul,

Edgy, (can't tell who is behind him, with the pay now sign sticking out his head) That is me kevo

Soferene,

GarethNW,

Cobbz,

Revvin Kevin

PhatDad waving,

Pinki-88 in front of PD,

Susieque

Me in the yellow jacket,

Then Rick.

then some bloke called andy (not a member ... yet :lol: )

What's Andy said? :P

We all get old dont we? :shock: If theres a way to avoid it please tell me!

The silly ones should die young though the current stats stand that the average age for a motorbike crash happens to a 39 year old! :? I still cant get my head around that one!

And Andy shouldnt care as it isnt his bike, it wasnt damaged aside from a few scratches and a cracked gasket cover as I wobbled and slowed it down enough to drop it slowly instead of fast. Im happy I held it so long, I used to go down straight away no discussion but I gave it a good fight, went into a corner as the front end dived and then I went over a large patch of diesel that there is no recovering from. I took pictures of it all and even my dad conceded that at the pace I was going which was quick but acceptable for the wet conditions there is no recovering from the events that transpired regardless of how experienced you are! Thats rare for him to agree with me there...

We all get old dont we? :shock: If theres a way to avoid it please tell me!

The silly ones should die young though the current stats stand that the average age for a motorbike crash happens to a 39 year old! :? I still cant get my head around that one!

And Andy shouldnt care as it isnt his bike, it wasnt damaged aside from a few scratches and a cracked gasket cover as I wobbled and slowed it down enough to drop it slowly instead of fast. Im happy I held it so long, I used to go down straight away no discussion but I gave it a good fight, went into a corner as the front end dived and then I went over a large patch of diesel that there is no recovering from. I took pictures of it all and even my dad conceded that at the pace I was going which was quick but acceptable for the wet conditions there is no recovering from the events that transpired regardless of how experienced you are! Thats rare for him to agree with me there...

Thers only one way to avoid old age, its called death.

Experience means you don't get into the .... going down... stage, you went down, but everyone else avoided the hazard and stayed up.. yes you were leading, but i doubt that was the sole reason for everyone avoiding the hazard. learn from it and get over it.

and yes theres lots of BAB out there that buy fast bikes as a mid-life crisis without the experience, hence the accident stats for 39 year olds.. and you'll find that most 20 year olds are running cars than bikes...

My experience is only 3 years and 8 bikes all together so its fairly limited but I know no amount of experience can make you invincible as you imply there by suggesting you avoid the going down stage. Ive seen riders of 26 years experience go down in similar circumstances.

I was wobbling down the road and had the choice to plant it into a wall or try and fight it, i got half way through the corner before the front end gave the ghost and it went down and nothing can prevent that. I ride quite steadily and do none of the boy racer antics as people seem to suggest. The others slowed down and I was happy knowing that I could have prevented something alot worse. What if we had stuck as a group and we all went through at the good pace we had been and someone went down and took out another rider or went into a car doing so? It could have been horribly worse than it was which is the main thing to take away from this. Things could be so much more worse.

I apologise for the how I may sound, that im being arrogant or cocky but I didnt appreciate being told experience can avoid this when in reality the only saving factor in that situation is how good your bike is at gripping and self correcting. Im riding a sports bike which is not very forgiving in those situations. This sort of thing happens to every rider.

And I have to say. You werent there, You didnt see it, You dont know the full details. The one who did see it was a farmer with 20 years riding experience and he said it looked unavoidable and raised the point it could have saved something worse happening. So please stop the experience lecture because its been drilled into me by my dad so all your going to get is an aggravated responce I must apologise in advance for.

I would respect that people dont talk about me coming off, its good to ask and find out what happened but its not good to go round giving me the experience lecture as it holds no grounds in this situation. :cheers:

Lol, lets face it Fozzie, it was a bad idea for you to go on ahead and have some fun in those conditions lol. That corner was extremely tight :o

At least you know the rode a little bit better now. Please don't do it next year! I was shocked when i realised u'd gone down!