MOD 1 test

I have been doing a practising session today for my Mod 1 on my instructors bike a kawasaki er 5. Well i fell off twice both times trying to go through a small gap in low barriers. each time i wobbled and the weight of the bike pulled me over.... more to the point I couldn't pick the bike up either !

The instructor is happy for me to go for the test and is ringing to book this tomorrow...

Anyway this has made me question if i wouldn't be better doing it on my bike as i know it much better...

could do with some words of advice on this :?

Well, you say your instructor is happy.... maybe you should have a bit more faith?? :D

He/she must have seen a few students. I'd stick with it, I always found the larger bike to be far more stable.

He/she must have seen a few students. I'd stick with it, I always found the larger bike to be far more stable.

:stupid:

Keeping the revs up and dragging the rear break will also help :D

never thought of trying that way but i can see that working.

just as well after posting this the instructor rang to tell me he had booked me in the following morning.

had to do the swerve twice but passed 8-)

the principle works the same facing forward, use the bike to help you, exactly the same hand positions just facing the other way (so hands are swapped...) and if you can have the stand down, give sthe bike something to go onto..

and congratulations.. :cheers: