To wait or not to wait....

The zip on one of my boots broke a couple of weeks ago. It's going to be another couple of weeks til I can get them to the shop where I bought them to see if they'll repair (2nd pair of boots from them as the first ones broke in the same way - replaced under warranty).

The question is, do I wait for the Excel Bike Show at the beginning of Feb to buy another pair as they might be cheaper there or shall I buy a pair now?

I can't decide as its going to cost me about £15 for train fare plus £14 for admission. Would I really save more than £30 buying from the show?

Also, can anyone recommend a half decent pair of boots that are waterproof for under £100 if such a thing exists?

go back to the shop, see if they will knock the money off another pair from a different manufacturer.. instead of replacing them.. doubtful they would give you a cash refund anyway..

I wasn't expecting a refund to be honest, a straight swap or repair would be fine as I want a second pair of boots regardless.

I was just wondering whether it'd be better to wait for the show to get another pair as I know they do have some good deals or would the money I saved just be wasted on the price of the ticket and train fair (in reality making it a better option to buy locally).

Please excuse the rambling and hope it makes sense!

A second pair that have failed in the same way may be a design fault or poor quality. I'd push them for a full refund as not fit for purpose. As a last resort, if it's a good shop that has kit you want, perhaps a credit note.

There's lots of good boots around for less than £100. Depends if you need to try them on first, as to wether you order on line.

http://www.jtsbikerclothing.com/cgi-bin ... lAodBxXXNA

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Motorcycle_B ... 8Ta38Pchv0

The getgeared shop isn't too far away from me so I'm going to pay them a visit on Saturday along with some other shops. I think I've been without bike too long so will just bite the bullet and get another pair and get the broken ones to the shop that I bought them from when I next visit Suffolk (hopefully not too long!).

I got my SIDI boots from ebay for £50 :up:

Just keep looking for the recent items being listed and make silly offers and you sometimes get a bargin

I got everything from there including my bike :lol:

So, I found a couple of pairs of boots. The first were the Oxford Bonedry boots at 99 pounds. Tried them on but extremely narrow across the top of the foot so didn't bother.

The second pair were Hein Gerick (sp) Maxwell GTX, 99 reduced from 159 plus an extra 10% off only today. Plus side they're Goretex so guaranteed waterproof. Downside, someone walked out of the shop at some point with odd boots. One size 43 and the other size 42 which leaves me with an odd pair. They're going to try and locate another pair at another store and let me know if they can find it, if not, they'll take off another 5%.

Does anyone have any comments on this boot at all? It seems pretty good value to me.

They didn't feel bad in all honesty and I wouldn't have noticed had I not looked at the bottom of the boot so I'm sure it won't be that bad if that's what I end up with.

no, no, no.... get a pair, not a mismatched set, would you settle for 2 lefts/rights,

If the smaller one starts to feel tight it will distract your attention while riding - especially on long rides.

If you have a significant difference in foot sizes - and some people do - they should be ok.

The most important thing with all gear is comfort - if it fits properly the safety aspect is the next most important consideration.

Just keep looking for the recent items being listed and make silly offers and you sometimes get a bargin

:stupid:

Have to say this is a good idea.. Ebay around this time has got all the Xmas gifts that people dont want.. Including gear that doesnt fit.. :)

What make is it that keeps breaking, if im alowd to ask?

I got my SIDI boots from ebay for £50 :up: Just keep looking for the recent items being listed and make silly offers and you sometimes get a bargin, I got everything from there including my bike :lol:

Have to say this is a good idea.. Ebay around this time has got all the Xmas gifts that people dont want.. Including gear that doesnt fit.. :)

or theyre upgrading, so selling on the older stuff, or have given up the idea with the weather...

What make is it that keeps breaking, if im alowd to ask?

The make is Revvit. I've not seen them being sold in many places.

All is well though, I don't have to settle for mismatched boots. I got a call from the shop yesterday and they said that they are still getting deliveries of these boots (I assumed incorrectly that on sale meant they were being discontinued/last of the stock) so I'm just going to hold out until they get the right size through. Plus side no one will have tried them on either!