er6n problem

pinki-88

hey my er6n seems to have a stiffness problem (please no jokes :lol: )

when pushing the bike i seem to have to put a lot of effort into it and it just seems that the wheels are stiff and wont turn without a lot of pressure.

any ideas guys?

sorry i know its not a lot of info but its the only way i can really put into words

thanks

does sound like sticky brakes mate. Has your bike got a full stand? So you can spin the wheels freehand?

or access to a paddock stand?

tyre pressures? (unlikely .... )

with wheels off floor, to start with, leave calipers on. spin wheels to see if they spin ok

obviously if they do, it suggests problem elsewhere ..

if they don't .. suggests sticky calipers. rememdy here is - short version

remove pads

remove caliper

place something between pistions (thick enough so the pistons don't fall out)

pump brakes

clean pistons

push back

replace pistons

replace pads

see if problem persists ...

Does it make a difference if you pull the clutch in?

Try it up on a stand and have it in first gear and clutch in, i find sometimes it doesnt disconnect fully (oil drag?) and so makes it harder to push.

Just to be daft, have you just pushed it or ridden as well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,??

The reason I ask, I had new tyres fitted last year rode the bike home & put it in the garage,,

Next morning was getting the bike out & could hardly move it, it was a pig

turned out my lovely new tyres, the rear had a big screw in it, not a bit of air left in it,,,

looking at the bike it seemed OK, the tyre held its shape, but it was a swine to push,,,,

Just a thought

depending on where the screw went in, then maybe

If it's gone through the tread, then yes, but it's advised as a temporary fix - I had a screw go through the side wall of the tyre, and if that happens there's nothing you can do...

Depends, middle of the tread, yes,,, side wall;s a bit iffy,,,

but middle of the tread depends on the place where you take it,

Mine is a car & bike tyre shop, car tyres they will plug but bike tyres they send for repair on the grounds of safety, a bike tyre being subject to greater stress than cars,, but other's will repair a bike there & then,

most car tyre shops are not equipped for bikes, so you will have to take the wheel off & take it to them,

Same will apply to a bike tyre bay, if they send your tyre away for repair, they don't want your bike stuck on one of their paddock stands for 2/3 days,,

You could do it the other way, take the bike, have a new tyre fitted while they send yours away, then when it comes back it's a spare or replacement for if you ever get another nail,,,

By the way I've got an ER as Well :D