What to do now!

Ok so i've had my CBT for around 1 year and a half . I Most definetly do want a bigger bike ( I got a chinese import Senke 125 )

but i've been on the Govs website and the DSA website and i have no idea how to book or what test to do ..

i have a CBT certifecate and a Provisional Licsence thats it.

any one know where i go from here,

To go above the 125 you need to get a full licence. If you're 21 or over you can do it on a bike over a certain power (normally a 500cc) and then when you pass you can ride anything you like (Direct Access Scheme). Alternatively, if you're younger or dont want to do the DAS, you can do your test on your 125 and then you can go up to something like 33 horsepower (restricted). After 2 years you are then unrestricted and can again ride anything you like.

Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Forgot to mention... you'll need to do the theory test, some training as necessary for the 2 practical tests, and the tests themselves. Module1 is off road around cones and stuff. Module2 is on the road.

Module 1 costs about £15 and module 2 costs about £75.

Training costs will vary depending on whether you need to borrow a bike, etc, and how much training you need.

Hi JimiB

Rugby Riders based at Brandon Speedway will do lessons (£50 for 2.5ish hours) and they are good at catching bad habits I did CBT there and lessons before Mod 1. If you can swing it, for £125 the guys at Brackley Yamaha will do 1 on 1 for a full day. I did this before taking Mod 2 in Banbury and the advantage is that they take you around the actual test routes over and over again so you can pick up on any route specific issues and learn the speed limits etc.

good luck!

Bathtub