GSR600 Ideas

Guest gow87

Right then got some ideas!

First of all i have fitted some lovely givi panniers... (oozing sarcasm)

Anyway because the GSR is a cheap bit of plastic which all together looks ace, i cant add slip on cans to the correct underseat location (dont ask) so im thinking of adding a little motoGP style exhaust sticking outa the bottom.

http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=17442&cat=547&page=1

love that one, but have a look at the other racefit for a gsxr6 (i figure this will be ok as mine is technically a gsxr engine with a few mods) For this i then need some custom pipework made up for the front downpipes. then was thinking of blocking off where the old exhaust was and mounting the indicators.

Anyway anyone rekon i could pass any of those as road legal?!?

And another one, i quite fancy matt black forks... now is it really worth the effort of getting em stripped sand blasted and repainted only to have it chip off.. or go for the ratbike approach and mask the area and get some cheap ass spray paint?!?

One more the bars are stupidly high and i fancy lowering em, whats the downside of replacing my lovely curved bars with some straight sports bike style bars??

UPDATE.. i like this one too http://www.speedycom.co.uk/shop/product.php?productid=17429&cat=551&page=1

Not sure how its silenced though and if it would be adaptable

answers on a post card

One of the long term test bikes in Bike was a GSF - i think their lad did a few mods to his...

be worth reading if you can get hold of a copy..

Will see if I can dig out my copy if you want me to see what I can find out for ya...

I think the fly-screen would be beneficial...

PS: bars - lower can mean more wrist ache - its usually down to personal preference/looks/practicality...

as for the lower bars, i used to have an NC30 and had no problems, even with raised back end and rearsets, so it cant be any worse.. and as for the exhaust, the ont built for the R1/6 is stated to be almost as quiet as the original one? surely there must be an inline silencer? i just fancy something a little bit different and they look awesome, not to mention some of the slash cut are cheap. Otherwise, anyone know of anyone local who will make full system and a can or silencer system?