Cadwell Double Header - 5th & 6th July 10

Netmeister

Guest philgale

right lets start a list of whos in what group so we can keep track.

fast

PhilGale (both days)

inters

chris128

Netmeister

novice

Blakeatron

im guessing the groups, if its wrong copy and paste it and add your name to the group you want....

I'll tell you which group I want to be in after the 3 track days I've got lined up this weekend and the weekend after ;) see what sort of rate I'm progressing at in inters, as July is still a long way away so plenty of time to improve :)

Guest philgale
I'll tell you which group I want to be in after the 3 track days I've got lined up this weekend and the weekend after ;) see what sort of rate I'm progressing at in inters, as July is still a long way away so plenty of time to improve :)

if your top quarter in inters then go for it mate, last time i was at cadwell i think maybe 1 or 2 people came past all 2 days so its the fast group for me from now on...

got an inters day at anglesey followed by a fast day after and fast at oulton. will only be in fast if there isnt a race close by as a fast group would be mental fast :lol:

Guest philgale
Looks like I'll be all on my jack jones :crybaby:

unfortunately inters group is always the one people want so you wont be on your own ;) you never know blake may get a TD under his belt before and move up to inters for this one...

or chris may not be quick enough for fast group so may stay in inters....you never know...or you might pull your finger out and get some TD's in before then and move up....

Guest philgale
or chris may not be quick enough for fast group so may stay in inters

I think that's quite likely :P

1 thing, dont go chasing times. you wont go from novice to fast in a few TDs. it will take time. iv done about 11 or 12 TDs in inters before moving up so take your time....

last thing you wanna do is push too hard to soon and bin your bike and then spend summer re building it...

...or you might pull your finger out and get some TD's in before then and move up....

lol mate if it was up to me I'd be on the track every week. I'm planning to do Brands Indy end of April, I've got my level 1 at CSS in May, then hopefully do another in June, so should be well up to Inters standards by then, not fast though :wink:

Right after checking the diaries I have decided to do the double and will probably book the novice just to be on the safe side!

Only done a few track days and now its a new track and new bike so best play it safe :)

Have to wait till payday though as a little skint at the moment, but trying to convince a mate to come who will probably go in the inters :D

Guest philgale
Phil, Chris (and anyone else who's interested)

I'm just sifting through my shift rota to see what day I can come up north to do Cadwell this year and was very pleased to see I'm off for my birthday on the 5th July and that No Limits are doing a day there on that same Monday. So was thinking maybe we could make this our day to meet up. Can't think of a better way to spend a birthday :thumb:

I know it's a long way off, but now you've got plenty of time to book it off work, so no excuses :wink:

Let me know your thoughts chaps.

not sure, dont think its been mentioned yet :lol:

Guest philgale

Mate just noticed focused have a brands double same dates...would of been worth the trek for a double :)

oh well cadwell it is and I'll let mr cadwell show me round in the fast group...he's no excuse he lives there lol

Mate just noticed focused have a brands double same dates...would of been worth the trek for a double :)

Pah, you know Cadwell is better than Brands anyway :P

oh well cadwell it is and I'll let mr cadwell show me round in the fast group...he's no excuse he lives there lol

haha I dont know about that... we will see how my lap times compare to yours after the 4 track days at cadwell I've got lined up over the next 3 weeks - god I didnt realise it was that many haha

Guest philgale

I think I'd prefer a brands Indy followed by a brands gp :)

You got no excuse chris, iv been cadwell 5 times I think so you should be upto pace and know the track inside out...

Guest philgale
For this one I'll be hiring from Lady Snoots. Fingers crossed they do a deal for two days on the trott.

hopefully mate, you not thought it may work out cheaper to buy one tho, how much is it 250 a time? within 6 track days i've paid for my bike

It's 180 a time plus petrol used, so about 200 per day.

Done a lot of thinking about this and I think that if I'm only doing 6-8 it works out cheaper to hire once everything is factored in. I don't mind spending the money for the added security of knowing everything is sorted for me.

My own track machine will come one day though, hopefully this winter when everyone is selling, if not some time next year.

Guest philgale

fair point, spose you dont have to worry about servicing and tyres and all that....

its nice to get a bike you know and have it set up for you tho, as the hire ones will just be stock suspension settings...