Wet Clutch - Slipping?

softwarez

Hi, well..

I noticed that my bike would now and then slip the clutch when going into the high rpm's. However after my oil change and riding it again, it seems to slip even sooner, about always in the 7000 rpm's. The clutch is a wet clutch..

I'm guessing this is not normal? how can this be fixed, can it be diy'd? Thanks.

Oh, and what would something like this cost to do?

Suzuki GSX750F

It doesn't seem to slip out of gear (I dont think) more of it will slip (rev really high and go nowhere) and then when I let off the throttle a little I and apply it slowly again I get the 'Grab' back).

what oil did you use????

If you used car oil then I can pretty much say that is causing your slippage.

If you used bike oil then I would re-adjust clutch and see if that helps.

haynes manual will give you all the info, theres one in guides/manuals, i put it there, its a link to my Hotmail spaces

but basics are small adjustments at lever, larger ones need to be done at the other end of cable (see rubber boot thats vertical above gear shifter..).

make a note of what you are doing... so you can return to where you were..

I tend to undo the locknut, then 2 turns (90') then re check.. that way you only have to go back 2 turns, and if you leave the locknut where it was it gives you a guide, too.

if you find the adjustment at the lever is out too far, wind in and adjust at engine end. then use lever to adjust free play.

Cheers for the reply :)

I'm having a look at your uploaded guide now (thanks).

It states that it should have 10-15mm of play. Where is this measured? end of the clutch bar, or near the inside (pivot area?).

I'm not sure.

thanks.

10-15mm, that must be the ball of the lever,

I work on a couple of mm at the lever where it butts up again the bracket, easiest place to measure it..

Just to makesure I get this right..

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4539/clutchz.jpg

In that image I have put a red arrow on part.. when the lever is pulled a gap opens up (lol very technical).

Do you mean when I pull the clutch (freeplay) but not past the part where it gets heavy... thats when I would measure that gap? Sorry if I have misunderstood.

How many mm would you advise? (baring in mind I understand which part you mean :D)

Thanks.

Just to makesure I get this right..

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4539/clutchz.jpg

In that image I have put a red arrow on part.. when the lever is pulled a gap opens up (lol very technical).

Do you mean when I pull the clutch (freeplay) but not past the part where it gets heavy... thats when I would measure that gap? Sorry if I have misunderstood.

How many mm would you advise? (baring in mind I understand which part you mean :D)

Thanks.

Yes that's correct. If it's any help when I measure mine (tehehe!) I go by what Frankie said earlier and measure at the end of the clutch lever. I adjust so there's about 15mm freeplay. I've tried to show what I mean in this image:

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae248/peteblakemore/freeplay.jpg?t=1268091567

Ah, great, cheers.

I had a quick look at it now and measured it to be at about 3.5-4cm so that's 35-40mm. (That was with me pushing the clutch upwards (as if i was sat on the bike) so it sits how it should (currently it just flops around lol) and measured all the slack that way.

Could this be the cause?

thanks.

Ok, so I adjusted it today and went for a ride.. it feels as if the throttle is no responsive (I have no idea why, maybe my mind?)...

Eitherway, it still slips (allthough, not as much).

In 1st gear if I open the throttle wide, it is fine... only in higher gears..