Trying to prepare!

blakeatron

Decidied to do the double at cadwell :)

But probably wont get another track day in before unless a miracle happens or I sack a job off...

Anyways trying to get myself sorted with bits to take and so I am ready for future days -

so far I have -

Had the bike checked over and given the thumbs up, brakes recently rebuilt, suspension overhauled last year and ordered all new filters and oil for a home service.

Putting new standard sprockets and chain on as they are a bit worn and nearly adjusted to the max.

Getting new tyres (battlax bt016) as thats the only tyre I have ever used and love it!

Got a couple of 5 litre jerry cans but is it worth getting a big one?

Also just got a nice shiney halfords profesional tool kit for van duty :|

So now the extras!

Going to get another set of paddock stands just for this bike - but would it be worth getting a headstock stand instead of a standard front for this to aid maintenance?

Spare parts - trying to find some second hand levers and pedals, anything else worth considering?

Eventually.....

If I get enough time on the track then over winter we will be getting track plastics and another set of wheels for slicks/wets!

one major thing, a big jerry can full of petrol, lol, sounds like a basic but my mate went and didnt prepare for this and ran out and still had to get himself home. :lol:

tbh you are already more prepared than some of the lads that i went with the other day, and if your bike is as good as it sounds it wont need maintenance doing, just go for it and next time you will know if you need anything more

Pg is prolly the best person to talk to tho

Couple of things to think about (which you probably already have) :

Transportation - how are you going to get the bike there? The biggest thing to get ready for me before each track day is getting hold of a trailer and loading the bike up.

Sleeping - If you are camping out then obviously need to bring all your camping gear or just some things to keep you comfy in the car if you are sleeping in there.

BTW which double at Cadwell are you talking about? The one in July mentioned in the other thread?

Guest philgale

the tyres your thinking are they a track based tyre or a sporty road tyre? get on ebay and get some supercorsa or racetec scrubs, there dirt cheap and grip like hell.

i had my supercorsa over the edge at cadwell :twisted:

and yeah for a double get a 20lt jerry can, i went through 30lt and what was in my tank for the last double i did.

go over every nut with a torque wrench and make sure its as it should be...

sack the standard sprockets, got for a 520 pitch with -1 front and +2 rear teeth, that will wheelie for fun then :twisted:

you got a gazebo, cadwell there is nothing and if its wet you will want somewhere to park yourself and your bike

Spare parts - levers, clip ons, rear sets...basically anything thats got a good chance of braking if a drop

and a set of wheels with wets on is a must, sack slicks you wont be able to push them hard enough to keep the heat into them, stick with the supercorsa or racetecs you cant go wrong with them...