Bloomin chain tool

blakeatron

Got the new sprockets on, got the chain on and got the link in and plate on but can I 'rivet' the ends - can I heck :(

Its a standard ish 525 gold chain and im using a sealey tool which was recomended by the local garage

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.a ... ctid=12829

So I can set it up as instructed and tighten it until im red in the face but its not doing anything.

DO I give up and get bent over by the local motorbike mechanics or am i missing something?

Correct bit of kit Andy mate. Sounds like the operator .... :mrgreen:

Kidding aside, as long as the pin you are riveting, ie 'mushrooming' .. shows that it has indeed 'mushroomed' it ain't gonna come off. Once you are happy, pop down local mechanics and ask them to check.

I know its a horrible job. I hated doing it for customers, always worried me lol

check the dia of the rivet head, compare with the dia of the rivet shaft, some of mine didn't look much different but when you measured them they had riveted.

DID are teh easiest to home fit IMHO, SSS are the worst I have ever had to do.

sounds like you dont have a soft link for your chain

a lot of suppliers are sending a solid link instead

the soft link has like a pilot hole in the end where your chain tool will push in to and stretch it :wink:

the soft link has like a pilot hole in the end where your chain tool will push in to and stretch it :wink:

WHY??

WHY??

i dont know i dont supply them :? :? :?

I tried this today and it took some almighty bashing just to get them to mushroom out even a little.

They arnt mushroomed out very much though, do they *have* to be bashed out untill they are significantly wider?

I'm just thinking i'll take it to a place i know when i get back home but its a fair ride away and am worried it may let go if its not done enough :|

They are around 5.35-5.40, think they would hold up to an hour ride from cambs to luton?

Sorry to hijack here lol.

Best regards

-Jvr