How much training did you have

I've been driving a car now for 3 years (i'm 20) and I felt like all I needed was a lesson or two to get used to using the bike, not actually learning how to ride on public roads and understand whats about to happen, how roundabouts work etc etc.

Got my mod 2 tomorrow morning so we'll soon find out!

• 2 weeks later...
Driving for about 10 years, took the CBT, rode around on the 125 for about 6 months then took DAS for 2.5 days.

Been driving automobiles (lol) for 18 years ( I started driving army lorries first) then good old Lada, then better cars, then fall in love with biking by riding 500cc chopper, then passed my CBT and started riding 125, now after passing Module 1, I'm on my way to Module 2 in a week time. I think I had 6 hours all together training for Mod 1 and there are another 4 before Module 2...

No lessons, just the CBT, and i passed first time... (failed mod1 once tho, for not getting the bike up to speed for the swerve and e-stop).

But only a few months before, i had been having car lessons for my car test, so was up to date with roadcraft :)

Was driving since 17 at 29 got a scoot rode for 3 years did cbt first time on a geared bike no probs you shouldnt really fail as its not a test then 3 day das but passed 3rd time in the middle of my honeymoon lol

Was driving since 17 at 29 got a scoot rode for 3 years did cbt first time on a geared bike no probs you shouldnt really fail as its not a test then 3 day das but passed 3rd time in the middle of my honeymoon lol

On my CBT some girl was back for her 3rd attempt, 1st two were on a geared motorbike, her 3rd was on a scooter. Made me a bit nervous.

Had car licence for 6 years, did CBT on my 125, rode around on that for a year and a half, then did my MOD 1 and MOD 2 (restricted to 33bhp 2 years), only training ever had was CBT. Used youtube and learn to ride book to help out. An excellant book.

did my bike test first, couple of times round some cones then the road part, passed first time, took my car test 2 months later, had 9 lessons and passed first time, did my HGV class one 4 years after that, had a 5 day course and passed first time. Now been driving HGV's for 23 years.

Borrowed a bike on the day of my test

Ride to the centre was my first time on a bike.

Rode around the block a few times watched by a bloke

with a clipboard.

Answered a few questions

Done

Those were the days!

:D