CBT FRIDAY

Hi all got my cbt on friday really looking forward to it! its the first stage of my direct access course which i really cant afford but what the hell!!!!!!!!!

If other people have done direct access could you tell me what to expect in the coming weeks and how long did your course last as i have been told its a 10 week course :?:

Would also like your preference on helmet brand as i not got one yet and on tight budget so could do with a cheap but nice looking and functional helmet.

Ta Ta the NOO!

Kempie

Hi,

I did a 6 day DAS, first day was CBT, rest were getting me up to speed on the bike. It all depends on how you take to it, if you're a natural you could only need a couple of days lessons to get you to exam standard. I wasn't a natural :(

As for helmets, I've got an Arai, very nice but expensive. A good alternative is HJC, 1/3 the price of Arai and quite comfy. Thing is though you'll have to go try any helmet you buy on. Its all about the fit. Get yourself down to some local bike stores and just start trying them on.

Good luck with it all.

Mr Kemple !

Good luck on the DAS boyo! youll be fine.

You know what to expect with RR .... if its 10 weeks, then i'll eat my belly button fluff !!!

As for a helmet .. I'd recommend a Nitro, decent specs, comfy and most have as good a safety rating as the expensive "Names" (Arai, AGV, etc etc)

Before you buy one, check the SHARP safety rating ...

heres my helmet http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/search/details/?id=74

gets a fancy 4 stars for safety ! Cheap, Comfy and safe :D

:3some:

if its 10 weeks, then i'll eat my belly button fluff !!!

Save up that fluff Danny cos you never know!

You recon it will be alot more than 10 weeks i take it? Keeping in mind I have 4 days a week off work! hopefully I can fill days off up with riding! (motorcycles) :oops:

I didnt mean it like that mr Kemple :D

Its easy enough to get the lessons booked... but youll find it a pain in the ass to get the MOD1 practice , MOD1 and MOD2 booked, just keep hasstling them once youve had a couple of lessons on a 500cc and youve passed the theory test.

I PASSED CBT? YES THATS RIGHT I WAS SH*TE BUT I PASSED! Struggled on low speed manouvers (<---spelling crap) But once on the road i was BORN TO BE WILD (well i was ok anyway) I will post my experience in more detail in the other thread but just want to say i CHUFFED AS F_C*!!!!!!!!!!!