Isle Of Man 2008

R1 Iain

Is anybody on site going this year, taking kids so flying over on the 23rd May and returning on the 2nd June 2008 due to work commitements.... Grrrr

I am haveing a lot of trouble booking a nice hotel for myself, wife and son everything so far seems to a little fully booked already......

I am trying to get someplace on the Prom so I am there and do not need to travel far...

Failing that if anyone knows where is a great place to stay and walkable viewing point please advise...

Because I have no wheels with me I do not want to be stuck anyplace....

Iain :lol:

Yorbandit... Thanks a lot thats great... I have managed to get someplace from the 23rd till the 29th then nothing after that... I have mentioned to them that I was not sure about just booking these days in the hope of someone canceling... Then I could be stuck out on the street so to speek... I am still looking but as I said if anyone can come up with some good options for myself and family... That would be a great help...

Still not sure where exactlt will be the best place for some shows etc or even the calendar for 2008 Nothing I can see published yet.... I know I am going to miss the best week but thts life Poss 2009 with the bike only... :lol:

ALL the night stuff down on the promenade, but certain parts ya kids not allowed in cos of bar area, paddocks are up the hill so to speak, fair bit of a trek but ya can walk round the pits and see most stuff, practise week it is easier to get round than race week, no wheels is gonna limit ya, if the purple helmets on at stadium well wort going ya will piss yaself promise

• 3 weeks later...

just seen your post re IOM hotels etc.

If you would still like some info on this let me know. I can get you a list togther of all the Hotels /B&B's in Douglas and other places if you want. Unfortunately most of the hotels etc have been turned into luxury apartments so the places to stay over here are becoming less and less.

Manxhornet

• 3 weeks later...

Manxhornet.

I have my flights booked and now trying to get off my work...

I have tried to get accommodation but its been a bit pricy so I have held off for the time being till my company gets back to me...

Thanks for the assistance and I will get back to you sooner than later..

Cheers :lol:

edster71

NW 200 yip been there and done its its great I know but I was working this year so could not get there.... It is one of my Favorite events and will get back there.

I did do the Ulster GP and the Dunrod 100 that was great also unfortunatly the weather was poor for the GP but still a good time...

Next I want to do Skerries do not know how to spell it or when it is yet hopefully I will be off next year for that... I have been told its the NW200 of the south....

i was in the isle of man two week ago and tried to book several places while there but got no joy most places were booked for 2009 as well so gonna be difficult think best option will be to camp loads of site and there are still places or even easier watch on tv....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm heading over with a couple of mates and partners, we'll be catching up with a group off another forum for our usual mad sunday run at the MacDonalds in douglas at 9.30. Anyone else who fancies it are welcome to come and say hello.

There after it'll be as many runs over the mountain as we can get on the Sunday.

I'll be chasing a faster run than my best last year. . .105mph average from Ramsey to the Creg :lol: