Wearing Jeans

Well they are better than trackies or shorts, but not a blip compared to leather or gortex for proper protection. you can get some nice kevlar lined jeans (draggin jeans or varius other makes). for sitting your cbt if its what you can get hold of, then yes jeans will do (I done my cbt in jeans as did many others here im sure).

Will they protect you in a higher end off (30+ mph) I really wouldnt like to rely on them although im sure some people will now say 'oh i've done that and they were fine'. If possible grab soem better protection, but if not then I wouldnt worry stress too badly over it. lower speeds they should be durable enough to fall over onto.

All this was assuming you mean proper jeans not fasionably trendy faded jeans etc which are either really thin or already have slight rips in. hope this helps, and good luck with your cbt :mrgreen:

If you`re going further with your biking after your cbt, then if you`ve got the money go for more protection than jeans. Leather or Textile. The instructor i`m sure will be wearing one or the other and he`ll be doing the same speed as you when on the road.

I did my CBT in my jeans, but only coz I was waiting for my leather pants to come into stock, everything was fine, but I did'nt come off.

The time I did come off I was only wearing jeans and now my knees are just big scars. I go ATGATT now....

i just dubbled up a tight pair of jeans with a bagy pair over the top for my CBT luckly i did not come off however a lil wile ago i did and i was wearing one pair of jeans as i fought it was to hot for my textile trousers i now have a nice dose of road rash across my knee so it pays to get a propper set of trousers (textile, leather or kevlar) and wear them

You'll no doubt find that if you turn up wearing some decent gear the instructor will treat you more seriously and respect you more for it. I turned up wearing some decent protective clothing and another lad just wore trackies and trainers :hammer: In my opinion he should have been sent home but the instructor let him continue, just treated the prat with as much respect as he had for his own saftey.

Jeans will be alright, i wore some kevlar trousers over a pair of jeans and the instructor even suggested i should take a layer off! I was quite happy sitting in balls soup though :lol:

Good luck for it! :thumb:

Jeans will be fine for a CBT. What happens if you find bikings not for you and youve spent all that money on gear?

There was a guy at my CBT...typical type, had full goretex bottoms on, Hi-Viz Goretex jacket, gloves, boots and a Shoei helmet. He knew the answer to every question and im sure his name was Norman....

I have my cbt coming up and was just wondering would jeans provide enough protection if i were in a crash?I would still have the motorbike jacket,gloves and helmet!

The real answer is no, jeans would rip apart like tissue paper as you slide down the road and your skin would get nice and intimate with the road surface. Road rash I believe they call it. Apparently its painful.

2 choices: 1. take the risk and wear jeans but for the love of all things holy don't fall off, 2. get better protection than jeans.

Its your skin, you decide if the risk is worth it. As long as you don't crash you could do the cbt in shorts, I really wouldn't recommend it but there's nothing stopping you.

Good luck with the CBT, I sincerely hope you don't fall off so this all becomes a mute point.

True.I don't want to cut corner tbh as i am going for my a2 licence.Tempted to get alpine stars jacket and alpinestars trousers!Would it be worthwhile getting motorbike boots as well?As trainers can't be that good if you fall of sureley?

If your serious about getting a bike then best to get all the gear. Boots, pants, jacket, gloves and of course a helmet.

Back protection is also recommended if you can afford it, the separate protectors that you strap on to yourself are more comfy and look to offer more protection than the jacket inserts, but thats my opinion, not backed up with lab results.

I started out with alpinestars textiles and tested them in a low speed crash. They did ok bu leathers are better. If you want textiles maye have a look at the RSTs as they look good and are a bit cheaper than the fancy A* label, unless your a bit of a label whore like me :D

I have my cbt coming up and was just wondering would jeans provide enough protection if i were in a crash?I would still have the motorbike jacket,gloves and helmet!

Guess which part of the body suffers most injuries in motorcycle accidents?

That is why, even on days like today that are blisteringly hot, I still wear Cordura motorcycle trousers with knee and hip armour :D

I wore jeans (and trainers :shock: ) on my CBT. In hindsight not very sensible, but i didn't know any better.

Ditto if i'm honest. And for months even after getting my full license. I simply did not know then, what i know now. I've never been wreckless or silly - but i've definitely been green-behind-the-ears :wink:

ATGATT now - even when i'm doing a hot sweaty shift delivering pizzas.

I'm under the impression the worst suffering part of the body in a motorcycle accident is the feet and ankles - the damage is said to get worse as you go down the body (with your hands down by your sides - showing the importance of gloves :shock: ). I assume the head usually gets away with things because of compulsary and increasingly advanced head protection.

Yeah, tested. As in on purpose i'm sure.....

Haha, no not on purpose, I like the forum but not that much that I'm prepared to crash test products for you guys and gals. :D

ive got a set of moto x gear you can borrow

u will look the dogs twitcher

I share my mums' and dads'.

You've got multiple mothers and fathers? How did that happen and who do you share them with? Do you charge for this or is it a charitable thing?

think he means... genes :lol: :lol: :lol: