Stops when gets hot

caretaker

I saw this bike for sale on ebay as a possible cheap learner-Honda CG125.Apparently the bike has been stood for a few years. It has been cleaned up and is ready for an MOT but when the engine warms up it cuts out and will not start again untill it cools down. Anyone any suggestions what it could be?

Could it be as simple as a sticking choke or does it sounds morre serious like a head gasket?

Probably some crap stuck in the carb from when it was stood for ages. Some carb cleaner blasted in the top of the carb might sort it, but it may need an overhaul and proper clean up (of the carb).

Failed head gasket is usually shown by 'mayonaise' in the inside of the oil cap (it is on cars anyway, i assume a bike is the same).

are you sure its not heat seizing does engine still turn over when it wont start if not then it has a major problem

I think engine turns over when its hot but doesnt start, once cold again it starts and runs until its hot again then stops