Mod 1 on Tuesday

Only a few days left now, and hopefully Mod1 will be ticked off. Been reading all the posts here about other people experiences, very helpfull :D will let you know how i get on, heres to getting on the road before autumn :cheers:

Top Tip: Don't use an RS.

Other than that. It's straight forward. I'll assume you'll be using a CG/YBR or ER/GS (depending on which license you're doing) etc. The swerve is easy, more of a flick really. The slow speed stuff is easy enough, you'll have loads of room to do the u-turn.

High speed manouvers - Ring it's neck it second, 125's should hit 50kph in second. Once you're through the speed trap, close the throttle straight away. Get the bike upright and brake. Mostly use the front brake and use the back brake a bit. Be careful not to lock the rear wheel, if you over do it - Take your foot off and re-apply. You'll still pass.

Take the figure of 8 as wide as you like. You're allowed to go wide behind the final cone of the slalom too (orange cones i think) - figure of 8 cones are blue. (Not very well known fact)

Drag the back brake on slow speed manouvers, it keeps the bike up right. And use all the rev's you want if it's struggling a bit, don't just pop out the clutch.

DON'T FORGET LIFESAVERS!! ESPECIALLY ON THE UTURN BEFORE YOU COMMIT TO IT!

phew. that's everything. but really, it's not too bad :thumb:

best of luck!

High speed manouvers - Ring it's neck it second, 125's should hit 50kph in second. (...)

I would advise to check first if your is able to do that. My is not (yeah, I know its chinese) but recently there was a post by someone who was was not able to do that on japanese bike. I have switched to 3rd as I entered between cones, did this long turn around 22mph and accelerated on the exit. Reached 51kph on swerve and 52kph on em stop. If I could do that on my bike you can do it on CG/YBR easily. Well, of course if you doing it on 500 just do it in 2nd :wink: Good luck :thumb:

High speed manouvers - Ring it's neck it second, 125's should hit 50kph in second. (...)

I would advise to check first if your is able to do that. My is not (yeah, I know its chinese) but recently there was a post by someone who was was not able to do that on japanese bike. I have switched to 3rd as I entered between cones, did this long turn around 22mph and accelerated on the exit. Reached 51kph on swerve and 52kph on em stop. If I could do that on my bike you can do it on CG/YBR easily. Well, of course if you doing it on 500 just do it in 2nd :wink: Good luck :thumb:

YBR Fuel injection will not Reach the speed In 2nd you have to Go into 3rd as you exit the bend.

Try it out on your bike on an industrial estate before hand and you will find out

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree, use third on a 125!!!!

CB500 will rocket to 60-70kph ;)