bike wont start

Guest dave1960

can any body help me. im new to this site and i have a problem with my yamaha diversion 900s when i try to start it it jus makes a clicking noise and thats it any ideas would be much appriciated cheers

dave

not been run for a while but wen i tried to jump start it it jus blew a fuse so i replaced it and then it did the same again

thanks for the reply

but not checked the solanoid will try that but failing that any more ideas

thanks

why did it blow a / 2 fuses??

check the battery and connections..

you can hotwire it to determine if its the switch.. but as its clicking it sounds like the switch is fine.

will it bump start? how olds the fuel?

the fuel is new we made sure of that but not tried to bump start it as it weighs bout 1/4 of a ton but will get my sons to help and try that thanks

the fuel is new we made sure of that but not tried to bump start it as it weighs bout 1/4 of a ton but will get my sons to help and try that thanks

bumping it will confirm that you have the fuel and spark needed, so back to the starter circuit...

• 2 weeks later...
: sounds like the relay is clicking, so would check you have a decent charge in the battery

This is what my old one was doing and to get it to work i had to wiggle it around, as if to get it to connect properly which is why i bought a new one. This clicking noise, does it only occur when there isn't enough charge?

a relay is a powered switch, so the clicking is the relay being turned on, like flicking a light switch at home, if there isn't enough power then the device connceted to the relay wont work, hence just the clicking,

but also if there is power and the device after the relay is not working you will get the same sound..

always cheaper to start with the lowest cost option, in this case charge the battery, once that has been ruled out then start looking at bits..

otherwise you have a new starter motor, and still wont work due to a flat/low battery...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

f***k ittttttttttttt

Just gone out for a blast and the battery is dead, neighbours car with jump leads (albeit crap leads) didn't work; tried bumping it - didn't work not enough juice to fire it up.

Battery is now sat on my kitchen worktop so I need recommendation for

1. A standalone device that can trickle charge

OR

2. a decent stand alone battery jump starter

AND

3. A decent battery charger

My brother is giving me a lift into Halfords or other in 20 mins pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee help!!!!!

BB

get an optimate you can leave that connected to battery all the time you are not using the bike and it will only charge onve voltage drops slightly

:stupid: Leave mine on all the time

but dont think u can get the in halfrauds!

get an optimate you can leave that connected to battery all the time you are not using the bike and it will only charge onve voltage drops slightly

Ended up at halfords and bought this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165629

came recommended now trying to work out the Chinese on how the blody thing works!

I will look at the optimate, but is it a stand alone - i.e. no power source locally available near the bike?

BB

No you need tha powa :lol: (as in, a wall socket ;) ) :P

Yeah just read that, its not possible as i doubt the locals would allow me to run an extension lead across 3 main roads and over 500m :)

I've just seen this http://www.bridgwater-electronics.co.uk ... harger.php - I'm thinking of a work around for the winter months, the bike location isn't safe to have it not have the immobiliser fitted.

I think my heated grips may have a fault, they were starting to get warm when the bike was on jump leads connected to a neighbours motor, but that doesn't explain why the battery died after 1 week, even with the horrendous weather we had this week. I did take it on a 100mile blast last Sunday so i am surprised/concerned slightly.. I'm thinking the very cold weather mixed with the datatool 4 immobiliser has drained it, but worryingly again it was so flat there was no ignition lights nothing, zip dead..

I missed the remembrance parade and now sat here googling ******

BB

I had mine wired directly to the ignition so they should only come on once the engine is started, but it appears they come one once the ignition is turned to on; but does not explain why the battery is drained...

Back to the shop me thinks!

BB