Camera's (bike)

Has anyone got one? A decent ride yesterday prompted me to start looking at what's on the market, and i came across a few ranging from £40 - £300 give or take.

So anyone got one they can recommend?

BB

I am using one I have bought for £10 :) I was quite surprised with movie quality. It is really ok. I just need a bigger memory card as on 1GB I have I can record only about 10min movie...

Cheers for the link Dan - i did use the search honestly!

I just bought the md80 off ebay form China for £7 inc p&p - reviews on Youtube state its good quality so it will do till i have enough free pennies to get the upgrade.

Not sure how or where to mount it, ideally the helmet but wait and see.

Cheers

BB

I got lured onto this part of the Forum By DAN with my Crash bar thread and ended up Buying a bloomin camera !

Md 80 £11.99 + 8gb Memory card £15.99 and a Plug adapter £3.50

Cheers DAN ! :P

Guest philgale
Can always try a Veho Muvi Micro DV Cam, cost around 40-50, and the sports pack has some useful kit for strapping to the bike. Very good quality too.

thats the same as the MD80...if its a cheap one you want then there perfect i was happy with it, but the gopro i have now you can have more angles so i prefer that now...

I got lured onto this part of the Forum By DAN with my Crash bar thread and ended up Buying a bloomin camera !

Md 80 £11.99 + 8gb Memory card £15.99 and a Plug adapter £3.50

Cheers DAN ! :P

:laugh: :laugh:

Shame I don't get commision!

Can always try a Veho Muvi Micro DV Cam, cost around 40-50, and the sports pack has some useful kit for strapping to the bike. Very good quality too.

thats the same as the MD80...if its a cheap one you want then there perfect i was happy with it, but the gopro i have now you can have more angles so i prefer that now...

Its similar in terms of video quality, but battery is far worse, also doesnt react to light as well as the Veho. Hence why its quite a bit cheaper.

I tried My camera out today for the first time and would have got some great coastal footage but watching it back I seem to have filmed nothing but Road and gauges !

Back to the drawing board :roll:

Quality was good though just needs mounding higher in my helmet I guess :)

my mates running a gopro hd comes with a helmet mount anyway and has everything you need to connect to the bike

its an absolutly magnificant peice of kit 1080p viewing and watching it on his 42" hd tv looks like your actually on the bike ridding the roads in phenominal

but like everything comes with a price £295 but i would defo be willing to pay for this bit of kit cos its out of this world

oh yh and its fully waterproof as well as having a !170! degree wide angle

have a look at the site and see what you think :)

http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/gopro-hd-helmet-hero.html

Im getting frustred with this cam cos there is no way of knowing its set right

sofar trips of Tarmac and trips of sky !

how do you get these tiny cameras lined up with the actual line of sight !

any tips for mounting gratefully received :)

:laugh:

I meant draw a line on the side, as a reference :lol:

is it better to mount in the helmet or on the Bike because it seems a bit random when its in the helmet My first film was all the road and the second was all sky so Im not sure but because you cant tell till you get home whether you got it right or not,

Also with these cameras in the daylight outside it is hard to tell if it is running or not cos the flashing Red led is quiet weak in the sunlight.

can you not get your eye behind the camera's line of sight and go from there?

Its tricky cos the camera is against the bulkhead of the helmet stuffing and although it looks like it should be streight it..... dunno ill keep trying to work it out I guess :)