trye choice

Jerry Can

Ok,

I need new tryes for a Bandit 1200, I,ve been looking at maybe Bridgestone BT 023, Michelin pilot road or pirelli diablo rosso.

Any thoughts or advice as this is my 1st time buying tyres for the bike and will be replacing both at the same time.

Cheers

I'll be looking soon, so this thread will come in handy :wink:

Currently running BT016 on the rear, not sure about front as I haven't checked..................................................................................... all I know is its black, inflateable and made of rubber :shock: :lol:

Clocked up about 4.5k on mine since I had the bike so an indication of expected mileage on suggestions would be useful

Sorry for Hijacking thread :oops: but no point in reinventing the wheel 8-)

Edited by Jixerman

Thanks for all the advice so far, I assume anything that you've reccomended is goind to be better than Michelin macadam's?

Better than Macadam in a million ways :D

lmao jixerman, nice pun,

But it's all good, tryes are things you forget about untill they dont work.

Any advice on here is worth it over reviews and marketing speak.

So far the Pilot road 2's are winning. :)

Yep what I had on the zx6 and blade and will be what gets put on the fz1 next....the 2ct's!

Thanks for all the advice so far, I assume anything that you've reccomended is goind to be better than Michelin macadam's?

Better than Macadam in a million ways :D

So are the Macadams really that bad? I gotta be honest I don't feel to confident on them at high speed or whilst cornering unless the road is very smooth.

I had them on mine when I bought it, I think there just a fairly budget tyre that have been around a while, the Pilot Road 2's are dual compound, and will give you much more confidance and feel when cornering :)

An update peeps,

The pilot road 2's won, and so I had them fitted on my bike today for a good price of £240 all in.

Even though I took it easy on the way home (15 miles ish) I noticed right away that these tryes are so much better than my old macadams. The feel of them is superb, although I assume that part of this is because the wheels have been balanced also.

The tread pattern also looks pretty cool too. :lol:

Thanks for all the advice, and I,ll update once they're scrubbed in a bit.

The problem with asking for advice on tyres is that one person will love one particular brand whereas another will hate them...

...when I bought my first set of tyres ever I just bought what was on offer and what was the correct type of tyre for my bike and riding style/conditions. I ended up with Dunlop that were great... next set were Bridgestone which were great... them Michelin Pilot 2 which were great... since then I've had Dunlop Sport which were great... and now Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa which are f**king amazing!