Daft idea?

Going to buy my first jacket and have my eye on a Weise air spin jacket, but it's a summer jacket and winter's just round the corner so I'm thinking not a good idea.

The problem is I have tried on lots of jackets and being short and stocky the jackets I've liked and tried on are either uncomfortable or make me look like something from Judge dredd.

I really like the look of the Weise jacket, it's very comfortable and does have a waterproof liner,

I will mainly be using the bike for commuting the three miles to work and back but have the option of a car if the weather's really bad.

Not knowing much about motorbike clothing I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Better bet would be to buy an all-weather jacket with a removable winter lining. That way you have a year-round jacket for most weather conditions.

Have a look at the Halvarssons/Lindstrands ranges or Hein Gericke's own brand. They are the best combination of features for the price in my opinion.

Better bet would be to buy an all-weather jacket with a removable winter lining. That way you have a year-round jacket for most weather conditions.

Have a look at the Halvarssons/Lindstrands ranges or Hein Gericke's own brand. They are the best combination of features for the price in my opinion.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look.

I have a Richa textile jacket for sale. I'm 5'7" so not exactly tall myself.

It has a winter lining and loads of pockets. At least Two outside zip and 1 inside zip. Full length waist zip. It has adjustable arm straps to accommodate skinny or chunky arms. Reflective strips front back and sides as you can see in the pics. It does leak a little in the heavy rain though and always has done (supposed to be waterproof). I've heard you can buy products to waterproof it like Nikwax but never bothered.

PM me if you're interested.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/paul_adi1/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/P3140014.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/paul_adi1/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/P3140031.jpg

I have a Richa textile jacket for sale. I'm 5'7" so not exactly tall myself.

It has a winter lining and loads of pockets. At least Two outside zip and 1 inside zip. Full length waist zip. It has adjustable arm straps to accommodate skinny or chunky arms. Reflective strips front back and sides as you can see in the pics. It does leak a little in the heavy rain though and always has done (supposed to be waterproof). I've heard you can buy products to waterproof it like Nikwax but never bothered.

PM me if you're interested.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/paul_adi1/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/P3140014.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/paul_adi1/bike%20stuff%20for%20sale/P3140031.jpg

Thanks for the offer but it's not my height that's a problem, I am rather stocky, used to do too much weight training and now I have put on a few pounds so finding comfortable clothing of any kind is a task. I'm from Bradford and it's just too much of a trip to try the jacket on but thanks again anyhow.

it's not my height that's a problem, I am rather stocky, used to do too much weight training and now I have put on a few pounds so finding comfortable clothing of any kind is a task..

Judging by the description of yourself , then a trip to Hein Gericke (as suggested) is a good idea. The fit of the HG stuff is quite wide across the shoulders. Hopefully they will fit everywhere else too!!

it's not my height that's a problem, I am rather stocky, used to do too much weight training and now I have put on a few pounds so finding comfortable clothing of any kind is a task..

Judging by the description of yourself , then a trip to Hein Gericke (as suggested) is a good idea. The fit of the HG stuff is quite wide across the shoulders. Hopefully they will fit everywhere else too!!

Thanks, going to have a trip there this weekend.

hello mate!

i've got one of those jackets (well the air spin 2, but same difference)

nice jacket, very comfortable on hot days as it does let a lot of air in. In colder weather you could always just wear more layers underneath the jacket, plus it has a waterproof drop lining.

pretty sure sportsbikeshop were doing a sale on the Weise air spin 2 at the moment, might be worth a look.

i have both a textile HG (£260) and Leather HG (£160) jacket. i would say go for a summer jacket bcz in summer spring and most of autum i find myself wearing my leather jacket cz it protects me from the weather just fine and it looks better than a allweather/textile jacket.

and a BIG + for you is that you have a car i the difference between all weather and summer jackets isnt that great, except in winter but i strong suspect u will be in the car then.

i think you should choose ur fav, not the one u think will be 'better' for the weather (a rain mac over the top of leathers make it 100% waterproof anyway and cost £15)