Help make up my mind

<t>Which Lid</t>  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Lid

• Arai Chaser
    • Scorpian
    • Arai Viper

OK guys, I`ve narrowed the lid situation down to 3. Your opinions would be much appreciated as I`m torn between all of them. A nudge in the right direction would help tip the scales.

Arai Chaser

Arai Viper

Scorpian

Not that I`m over bothered but my one piece is this, so black and white is good

1521929431_AraiChaser.jpg.d791af9a4a964eb43505f753619fb2a8.jpg

469842027_AraiViper.jpg.2113ac0032a3d978ff8f79e2cb5c4ccd.jpg

Scorpian.jpg.50c136354aaba52696bcb0af26b1801c.jpg

bksleathers.jpg.0dcfc9f72dec9aaa4d553301d76ff418.jpg

I have the scorpion Exo 1000; fits my shape of head perfectly, the venting system is very good and the noise reduction is very good as well as is the safety rating... I love the topgun sun shield; works like a charm :) And te pumpup cheek pads work good too.

Nice choices and hard ones at that!

BB

I'd definitely go for the scorpion (looks the best with the BKS silverstones) - however you'll definitely have to ensure that it would fit PRIOR to pumping the cheek pads up - they're an additional fitting adjustment rather than to be used instead of pads. I found that they fitted very poorly for me (funny shaped head - must be all the brains!) even after pumping them up, the xlarge was too loose round cheeks and the large was too tight across forehead.

If it doesn't fit, it would have to be the viper based on looks. Looking forward to seeing what you end up with on sunday!

I like the scorpion Neil, but that's only based on looks.

Try them all see which one is more comfy, and try to find out which has the least amount of wind noise.

I'm sure you'll be happy with any of those 3 though

I'm tempted by the scorpion next, the matt black puts me off a bit (cleaning) but I'd say it looks the best and has the best gizmos! Plus it can't be any louder than the wind noise coming off those pods either side of the Arai visor. I have the chaser and the wind noise is quite loud, thank goodness for moldex earplugs!

If you do get the Scorpion can you do a review of it after a couple of months, I'd find that really useful. Thanks.

Well peeps, I`ve done a lot of reading on trials for the scopian and some concerning points have been raised. While the fit is OK and adjustable, the visor aparently mists up despite what the write up says. The dark visor slips down while riding occationally, it`s heavy due to all the add ons and it can be noisy. The visor is difficult to get back on should you need to take it off and on one occation, one side came off its mounting while riding.

My current RX-7 Corsaire is a little noisy but they say the viper is quieter. The viper has pinlock which I can say, hand on heart, has never misted up. It will no doubt be lighter and the vents work better than the scorpian.

For looks only I`d go for the Scopian but I don`t wear a lid for looks, so I think I`ll be going back down the Arai route. I`ll check them out at the weekend

Well peeps, I`ve done a lot of reading on trials for the scopian and some concerning points have been raised. While the fit is OK and adjustable, the visor aparently mists up despite what the write up says. The dark visor slips down while riding occationally, it`s heavy due to all the add ons and it can be noisy. The visor is difficult to get back on should you need to take it off and on one occation, one side came off its mounting while riding.

My current RX-7 Corsaire is a little noisy but they say the viper is quieter. The viper has pinlock which I can say, hand on heart, has never misted up. It will no doubt be lighter and the vents work better than the scorpian.

For looks only I`d go for the Scopian but I don`t wear a lid for looks, so I think I`ll be going back down the Arai route. I`ll check them out at the weekend

You're going to look stupid in that hat mate!!

The problems you have listed with the 1000 model, maybe its one of the lower class models?

Ref the visor difficult to put back on, if you have half a brain its easy if you are missing the other half - the common sense half - its difficult, the side mounting can come off if you force the visor back on, which is how its designed. If you force it it comes away from its fixing.. Misting up? I use the anti fog stuff ontop of what's already there, on the flip down and the outside visor. Vents make your head cold, that's how good they are.

Good luck with the choices :)

BB

Cheers BB for the help with this and your review :thumb: .

I appreciate comments from someone who has one. My main problem and biggest bug bear is misting up. With the pinlock system I don`t have to add a thing. I ride in cold weather and I used to hate it when my old lid misted over. Lifting the visor and getting a blast of icy air in you face is not pleasant. I`ll still go along and try it out though, I may just be convinced. It does look the dogs nuts but like I say, comfort and practicality is more improtant than looks.