Urgent! Guidance needed for spark plug/carb etc.

Guest Kawasaki_Vince

I need to clean the spark plugs and probably the carb.

I have the ZXR400, I have removed the tank succesfully and (half?) of the big black box/filter. Now what? Lol. Got some pics to show the stage I'm at.

SANY0012.thumb.JPG.d471c13c04a079960bee027537109ac5.JPG

SANY0011.thumb.JPG.75d9c048ca927de289894470c13c78f6.JPG

Sorry for not knowing anything, but I'm at the learning stage now :D

next step is to lift the 4 spark plug caps off the spark plugs they are just a push fit you will then need the correct size spark plug socket use a proper plug socket as it should have a piece of rubber in it to grip the plug as u lift it up once loose and also helps with refitting as the plugs are buried down the the hole once you have plugs out refit new ones

clean the plugs up first then you need to remove the airbox off the carbs it looks like you will need to remove the 4 black plugs in the rear of the airbox to get to securing screws then if yu look at where the carbs fit to the engine you will see a metal clip on each black connector loosen them off and the carbs will pull out

Ok heres the update: I have a new batt, new spark plugs and new petrol, the bike is still not starting.

Stu I have the H model.

I think if the carb is the problem I will bring it to the garage so they can check it out, because it might be a bit higher grade for me. Also I read that the oil should be changed every 6 months?...

This is what my face looks like right now -> :crybaby:

Thanks for any help!

Well I checked with the Kawasaki garage and they said its probably the carb and that it needs to be flushed. They said if they don't find any other problems it's gonna be about 80 - 100 pounds! (Don't know what the exchange rate is right now but that is roughly the cost in pounds.) I don't know if I should maybe just try this myself now... because it's a lot of money.