Leaking fuel tank

Ricco1

Hi all

I own a Honda 160GL Megapro here in Indonesia. It's a 2005 bike, similar to a CG I guess.

I noticed a slight petrol leak from the tank the other day. I took it in to a garage, they said they could get it repaired for me, by welding. When they took the tank off though they noticed that it had been repaired previously, with some kind of glue. They say this prevents it from being welded. They applied more 'glue' for me, said it should be OK for a while.

There is still a slight leak.

I'll only have the bike for another 3 months so I don't really want to go to the cost of a new tank, painting, decals etc. I'd like to do my own repair if possible.

I've tried to remove the tank but I'm having some difficulty. I removed the seat and side panels, and the 2 bolts at the very back of the petrol tank. I also removed the fuel line from the tank. Now I'm stuck, as I can't work out how to remove the tank! I've tried pushing it backwards and forwards, it does move a little, but I can't lift it off.

You'll more than likely not know the exact model but I'm hoping that most small honda's tanks might be attached in a similar way. Any ideas anyone?

Also, do you think a 2 part exopy, similar to Araldite, might be suitable to fashion a temporary repair?

Thanks for your time.

Rich