First time abroad this summer, france anybody?

mackemforever

Ok, not really sure how to go about this but I thought I could post this up and hopefully get a bit of advice/help from people.

I'm fairly new to biking and have recently got my full (well, restricted!) licence and have moved up to an SV650S.

I would love to do a bit of a road trip around France this summer, I would do more of Europe but I can't really afford to and I wouldn't be able to get enough time off work.

So, would there be a few people on here who would be up for a week to 10 days abroad this summer? If so then please let me know and we can hopefully organise something.

Thanks.

Hello mate, I was actually thinking of posting a similar thread as Im pretty new to my Fazer, had 125s for a while, but never been that far on a bike.

And am hoping to go away on it for a week near end of June. I too cant afford one of these touring packages or to go too far, and was thinking France or Germany. Saw another thread similar but far bigger tour. Might know a couple others who might be interested.

Road trip sounds good! And my map skills are fairly rubbish so be good to go with others!

I got loads of usefull info about good biking areas in France by searching;

Biker friendly hotels...some hotels are not really for bikers, look out for the facilities they offer and if they have secure bike parking/washing/garage/ facilities. some offer tour advice or guided tours in the area.

Hotels run by bikers for bikers are located in good biking areas..........simple.

Bike touring companies...You'll get a good idea of the best times of the year for weather/holiday traffic/hotel prices and some clues about routes and stop off points of interest but most don't want to give away too much detail after their years of research.

It's fun putting all the answers together :D you'll soon have your own plan based on budget/time/distance.

Lots of practical advice about insurance and legal stuff can be found in the threads on this forum and lots of experienced people here who are very helpful indeed. (they know who they are :love: )

As i've mentioned in previous posts, i've decided on September for a trip to the Millau Viaduct using non toll roads as much as possible...... :cheers:

Have Fun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...