Alternative to a jacket!

Guest Ruthie

Am I reading this right http://www.getgeared.co.uk/SUPER_SHIELD ... r_Jacket_2

I'm taking that as wear that instead of a jacket with tshirt for the summer or hoody if a little cooler?

Would that have any abrasion protection?

Mindu probably more than my winter jacket which is just an RST textile jacket.

I'm after a lightweight mesh summer jacket, as I get TOO HOT!

It looks like its designed to be worn jsut over a t-shirt, although like you mention, I would question its abrasion protection. It brings to mind more motorcross style protection, although it does mention tarmac :? If the armour is plastic so will let you slide on it then I would try it, but if the padding is foam of any sort personally I wouldnt risk it without a leather or textile as well.

Hmmm!

I don't do leather! I get too hot so I stick with textile jacket and draggin Jeans.

Summer wise I need to replace everything this year.

Just thought that would help for winter and summer!

Oh well! Need some abrasion protection!

The jacket is designed to be worn under something with abrasion resistance i.e leather or a kevlar hoody.

The idea is that this inner jacket holds the armour in a better more comfotable position than if the armour were in the outer jacket.

I wouldnt wear this without something over the top for abrasion resistance.

If you want something light for summer have a look around Alpiinestars, Fieldsheer, and Arlen Ness all do mesh jackets or jackets with large mesh sections which provide good abrasion resistance, I know the Fieldsheer one is the Mach1 jacket (not sure if they still do it).

You want this.

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/wome ... mens+mesh#

I swear by Joe Rocket stuff. I have a leather jacket that has removable material strips on the arms and take them off in the summer. It's bliss!!

The jacket in the link has armour in all the right places. I know it's an American site but there are dealers in the uk that sell Joe Rocket gear, I just couldn't find any in my quick search.

EDIT: Here you go

http://www.motopuro.co.uk/ladies-textil ... 9380-p.asp

Cheers guys, I had a quick butchers last night, found quite a few.

Spoilt for choice now, can't decide! :roll:

Not sure weather now is the best time to buy or wait till nearer the summer! :?:

A Friend of mine had one of those Mesh (chain link) type jackets. Which was designed for a fall.

He said it was great in the summer for short rides, but any speed of distance and the windchill started to kick in. Something i didnt even think about when i first saw his jacket.