i currently have a shoei lid size extra small and its to small and squashes my face,

hubbys has exactly the same but a size small and that for me is to big with to much movement inside!

i really love my lid and dont want to change it but dont understand why it jumps in sizes so much!

i looked at a few shark ones but they felt strange and uncomfortable,

are lids the same for men and women or do some fit better on either?

any suggestions for good ones?

i been trying on tons,

the ones with the designs i like fit rubbish,

and then ones that fit half decent look crap :)

ive been looking on net at lots also but cant try them on so cant risk it,

im going to a bike show on sunday so hopefully may pick one up there!

Failing all else, look at a scorpion ex450 or similar (pretty sure other manufacturers do their versions) which has a pump thing in it. means that even if theres a tiny bit of movement when you 1st put it on, pump it up to a snug fit. I had the 450 and I think ruthie has one as well. Tried going back to a normal helmet after I was knocked off, didnt like it, got the ex1000 cos I love that feature now.

Different companies have different shapes, try many :cheers:

all so blokey also, not saying i want a pink one either lol

i know what you mean :( and the ones that are remotely female are realy REALY expensive! (for me anyway)...

hence why i got this one, gold... so a girly colour in my opinion :D http://images.esellerpro.com/2189/I/123 ... Gold-1.jpg

still need to get a new visor for it, was going for either black or gold iriduim but not sure and cant afford it right now lol

its all new to me lids so not sure how they are supposed to fit,

i struggle to put it on, sometimes having to hold the top and press it down rather than pulling it with the straps!

i look like a hamster in it also :lol:

its all new to me lids so not sure how they are supposed to fit,

i struggle to put it on, sometimes having to hold the top and press it down rather than pulling it with the straps!

i look like a hamster in it also :lol:

I could explain but its easier for you to go speak to someone in a bike shop rather than reading it off here as theyll be able to show you exactly where its meant to be tight(snug) and how to adjust the strap properly ect. I just dont want to confuse you and you end up getting one that doesnt fit properly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bumblebabe, it sounds like you've got too much cheek :lol:

The most important thing is the fit, try as many as possible and keep them on while you browse around, sometimes a pressure point makes itself known after a while. :cheers:

the main thing is to keep trying, there are some helmets i cant wear, like a simpson which is a shame as it was the nicest helmet i have ever worn :(

if your wearing a new helmet that is only a dozen wears or so old then it might mean just persevering, i dont know about others on here but i purposely buy helmet that squeezes my head enough to give me a headache after half hour because i know eventually it will fit perfic. nothing worse than a sloppy helmet after a few months.

I have a serious helmet problem... I have the caberg konda, which i love, but.... after a couple of hours on, it puts immense pressure on one part of my forehead, so much it´s excruciating... I´ve shaved a slither of the polystyrene away and it did improve, but only slightly :(

My shoei small fits perfect, but i like the flip front of the konda better ;(

Thats not good, can imagine it would give you a cracking headache. :(

Like Bex said, if you've not had it long it should wear in after a while :